Board Logo

whats happening with this forum
BoogieRider - March 23rd, 2021 at 07:26 PM

Hello all,
its been a long time between posts ,due to life's surprises etc etc , however the forum has gone exceptionally quiet , as we get older have we sold off our toys , parked them in the shed , or just simply moved on ? Anyone want to chime in and get the ball rolling ?

yasdnil01 - March 23rd, 2021 at 09:14 PM

For me it's just a case of got too many toys and the rego's and insurances keep me in the poor house :lol:

bevoracing - March 24th, 2021 at 08:45 AM

They seem to have gone to Faaaarcebook. There's no history or logic there, they search engine is non existent, try finding something from a year or two ago, but still they go...:crazy:

MR930 - March 24th, 2021 at 04:59 PM

I still visit daily hoping to find something interesting to read, don't really have anything to post about as too busy working. Still have a buggy, kombi and beetle.

BoogieRider - March 24th, 2021 at 06:40 PM

i think maybe a recover of what we have , providing an insight into longevity of some parts ie Ive found the use of quality fuel lines and german made master cylinders dont suffer from weeping ,i have another beetle that was an ex racecar ,roadcar, parked in a barn and im bringing back to tackle tarmac has its ups and downs from numerous owners and thrashings keeps me on my toes

BoogieRider - March 24th, 2021 at 06:47 PM

but i must agree FB really has taken the community downhill, so many new people driving up prices with overpriced purchases and that trendy is now attitude , the people who built their cars can spot them a mile away

1303Steve - March 29th, 2021 at 05:27 PM

its hard to post in this forum without getting error messages, not sure if the issues have been fixed

barls - March 30th, 2021 at 03:07 PM

some of them have been fixed. still waiting on others.

1303Steve - April 1st, 2021 at 04:45 PM

Tried to post an event, still tells me that I haven't entered anything in the fields

1303Steve - April 1st, 2021 at 04:46 PM

but I can post here

landfall - April 2nd, 2021 at 03:34 PM

Haven't been here for a while, too busy having two heart attacks.

Car currently in garage waiting for new 050 cylinder heads to arrive from the US, then off to get exhaust made up. The if all goes to plan VW Spectacular, hoping I am well enoughg for the long drive from Hobart.

Cheers and hope everybody is safe in these uncertain times.

haccc - April 24th, 2021 at 07:12 PM

I hope it gets going again. Project Sabre is due to kick of again.
the forums pm seems to be broken

vw54 - April 25th, 2021 at 04:33 PM

Forum fell over a few days ago i just send a TXT to Andrew and he fixes

No Logic for FARCCCCCEEACKE

hulbyw - April 25th, 2021 at 06:08 PM

PM's working ok now.