Board Logo

Please keep the website going!
viiking - September 18th, 2021 at 09:26 AM

I don't know about others, but I hope this website does not start closing down.

Whilst I am in my late 60's and certainly not a technophobe about phone apps and can work on any of them, I just hate going onto the AVD Facebook page and see how aggressive, rude and combatative some people are when posting. It's not something I have experienced much here.

Perhaps it is the sign of the times, or perhaps the stress of COVID on many people, but a little bit of kindness and courtesy can go a long way. I think generally people are trying to help each other but there are always a few that can get out of line.

I frequent the SAMBA and a few other car forums and whilst they can have their occasional tiffs, the moderators seem to quash most of the bad arguments.

hulbyw - September 18th, 2021 at 10:07 AM

Well said! Agree

Fossil - September 18th, 2021 at 05:04 PM

I'll second that :tu:

Fossil - September 18th, 2021 at 05:21 PM

The other thread of similar reference - https://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=113938 

If you search for The GaiaBB Group which it states this forum software is powered by copyright 2011 it draws a blank :spin: so I expect that enhancements in various operating systems & new versions have not been taken into consideration in any support from The GaiaBB Group :td: which I expect no longer exist ...... So my conclusion is that the forum software issues can only be rectified by NEW forum software.

Other websites have to continually stay on top of new versions of operating systems and when support for old versions ceases then that is when the various issues happen and time to bite the bullet and update to something new & current :rolleyes: .... the same has happ.ened @ other forums and when the time came they changed

STIDUB - September 18th, 2021 at 08:55 PM

the crowd of owners isn't what it was unfortunately, this brings its own issues, along with the lack of patience to reference old posts / searching before asking the same mundane things near daily.

This forum along with a few others have been fantastic & I drop in from time to time wishing it was as active as it was, does not look very likely though :(

viiking - September 20th, 2021 at 08:42 AM

The other thing I forgot to mention is that I have great typing skills on a keyboard but my bloody big arthritic fingers seem to constantly hit more than one key on my iPhone.:lol:

That's why I like coming on here. And of course the search function is such a blessing when looking for specific information.

vw54 - September 20th, 2021 at 01:12 PM

I agree keep it going

penguin - September 21st, 2021 at 10:04 PM

Agreed, so long as Andrew and Co can keep it going I will drop in and search.

HappyDaze - September 22nd, 2021 at 07:09 AM

This is where I found your Okrasa engine kit, Chris. I fitted the 'big' crank as well.

The '54 is a great car to drive with the 1300 Okrasa engine, by the way. When things allow, you should call by and have a drive. :yes:

bevoracing - September 28th, 2021 at 08:15 AM

I like the ability to search this forum. I'm no FB expert but it seems to me that even the experts can't find things again after about 5 minutes. There should be a word for it (probably is) when someone says "I saw something on FB, hang on I'll show you" and then after a while you just wander off and leave them to it. I can't understand why anyone uses it?

vw54 - September 28th, 2021 at 08:38 AM

HIT the NAIL on the HEAD there for sure

however if we are to keep going people have to make or add comment

Fossil - September 30th, 2021 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vw54
HIT the NAIL on the HEAD there for sure

however if we are to keep going people have to make or add comment

Dave, the lack of members adding comment/content on here is the trouble they have with doing exactly that ..... Barry still has a hit and miss if he can post and even though he's a Moderator.