Board Logo

Vale Dave Birchall
barls - June 1st, 2023 at 03:41 PM

just received this form Club Veedub and thought it was appropriate to mention it.

Quote:

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I am informing our club members of the passing of one of our club founders and pillar of this club, Dave Birchall, who passed away today after battling a long illness.
He will be remembered for his tireless efforts and energy he put into this club, particularly putting together the VW Nationals every year, virtually single-handedly.
Dave will also be remembered for his wit and humour. His passing is our club's loss, and we will work to keep his memory alive and legacy ongoing.
We pass on our condolences to Dave's family.
R.I.P. David Birchall aka VW54

He will be missed as the larger than life character he was as well as the wealth of info that he had.

1303Steve - June 1st, 2023 at 03:53 PM

I've been informed of David Birchall's funeral details. For anyone wishing to attend, the details are as follows:

Monday 5 June, 2023 at 3:00pm

South Chapel,

Woronora Memorial Park, Linden Street, Sutherland

Wake will be at St George Motorboat Club. All are welcome.

David's family are asking for donations to the Chris O'Brien Lifehouse in lieu of flowers.

Fossil - June 1st, 2023 at 04:55 PM

RIP Dave ..... you're contribution to the Australian VW scene has been immense & your passion ..... you will be greatly missed :(

hulbyw - June 1st, 2023 at 06:11 PM

Such a helpful and giving bloke. RIP Dave and condolences to all his family and friends.

grazza7755 - June 2nd, 2023 at 01:22 PM

My memories of Dave go back over 40 years.
His passion for vws and sharing his knowledge was boundless.
I always enjoyed our catch ups together although in hindsight, I regret that they were not often enough.
RIP Dave.

Graham

grumble - June 2nd, 2023 at 03:17 PM

Like many Volksie owners, enthusiasts or just interested people, Dave made the time and effort to help them. His knowledge and ability to communicate is legendary. RIP Dave and thank you for your help over many years.

hellbugged - June 4th, 2023 at 08:35 AM

R.I.P Birch

1303Steve - June 4th, 2023 at 11:46 AM

He will be missed. So many funny stories that I remember. A lot happened at Valla.

When he made a VW fancy dress at Valla with working semaphores

when he was dancing with Donna and they both fell over

sticking his finger in super charger drive belt and had to go to hospital

Dak-A-Tak - June 8th, 2023 at 07:23 PM

Terrible news , I never knew he was sick .
Certainly a huge loss to the Volkswagen community. Rip Birch

reub - June 10th, 2023 at 02:42 PM

RIP Dave

barls - June 11th, 2023 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dak-A-Tak
Terrible news , I never knew he was sick .
Certainly a huge loss to the Volkswagen community. Rip Birch

most of us didn't know.

h - June 15th, 2023 at 12:18 AM

RIP Birch.

STIDUB - June 22nd, 2023 at 02:24 PM

vvds visit on that friday arvo has been stuck in the memory banks for a long long time. RIP