Board Logo

THE TOMORROW PEOPLE
Robo - March 16th, 2004 at 07:15 AM

This is a thread for all the old here today gone tomorrow crowd to be able to catch up with each other again. and post some piccys of our resective resto's.
Jenz
Splittychick
Zac Smits
Pyro
Kafer69
Where are ya's
Rob...:cool:

Robo - March 16th, 2004 at 08:04 AM

Well looks like were back in business!

I have almost finished the all the welding and bodywork on the 66 now, thank god, never thought I was going to get there. everytime I thought I was near the end I found another section that needed repairing.
I have sort of come to an agreement about buying another Beetle in 12 months time and it is the colour that I was going to paint this one, so I have to choose another colour, turquiose or pastel blue (actually green) seems to be the two I like. but witch one? life wasen't ment to be easy, thats what Malcom Frazer reckons anyway!
Whats happening with you lot?

zac_smits - March 16th, 2004 at 08:17 AM

ahh, and here i was thinking that robo has sent me some birthday well wishes for the 14th!!!
well i'm in the uk at the moment as most of you know, but once i get back i've decided that i will lavish some money on my type 3 because i've made a list of the things i want to do to it.
these include:
reco-d dash, new seatbelts, recaro bucket seats(front anyway), maybe a new gearbox, new tires/brakes/pads (i've already put discs on the front..still drums on the rear), the 1500 motor in the back could use a bit of work, and i know i need to check the electrics and maybe put in a proper roll bar and stuff if i'm gunna drive it in khanas and things (better to be say thean sorry right??? and being an old car, it might make it a bit safer on the road as well.) i'll also get a better stereo and speakers. quite a list for me, but i'm willing to put the money in to do it so i'm going to enjoy this car.

zac

splittychick - March 16th, 2004 at 08:21 AM

Heh Rob & everyone else.Man i missed being able to come in here & chat with you guys.I was really bummed to come back from my camping trip & see that the thread had dissappeared.
Thats cool Rob to know that your nearly done with the welding must be great to see a light at the end of the tunnel!!Mine is only just beginning so theres not even a pin hole of light to be seen YET but we'll get there!!!!!
Camping was great & i took a bunch of photos but i still don't have a digital camera so i have to go through the processing deal etc........
Anyway hope your all well,whats everyone up too????????????

P.S.......Its good to be back.:D:D:D:D

:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

splittychick - March 16th, 2004 at 08:23 AM

:birthday:birthday:birthday:birthday

Happy belated birthday Zac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theres a bunch of birthday wishes for you in the "whos the youngest forum member thread";)

Robo - March 16th, 2004 at 08:26 AM

Yeah It just slipped my mind, to much VW stuff floating round in the space where my brain's supposed to be. actually I did say Happy Birthday splittychick just reminded me we did it in another thread!
Happy Birthday Zac.
:birthday

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Robo]

zac_smits - March 16th, 2004 at 08:33 AM

haha okya i've seen them now. u did remember..i am indeed humbled (thou not yet old as you suggest) i've still got plenty of you (if not immature) years ahead of me. (to know that all i have to do is look at some of you 'oldies' on the forum hahah)
zac
p.s and also to jen who wished me a happy bday as well. thanx

Robo - March 16th, 2004 at 08:39 AM

So whats the deal with comming home, how long have you got now?
Have you enjoyed the experiance of working over there, I would love to do it but I have to wait until my kids are gone, and the age I will be then, I would probably be only able to get a job for an old dude!

zac_smits - March 16th, 2004 at 08:41 AM

well my flight from here leaves on the 30dec...so, a while to say the least. i've been here since the 1st jan...so it will be over a year(if you count when i left australia, and when i arrive home)
yeh it's cool working over here becaus i get paid in pounds and i don't have to pay rent or food costs...so all i'm getting is pocket money. (but even so, it could still be more)
zac

pyr0 - March 16th, 2004 at 08:51 AM

yay the post is back :D :D :D

you know that engine that was advertised a little while back with the box for $1000. well i brought it i just havent been able to get online to tell you guys ;)

any way its a 2liter with extractors and a sporty exhaust :D

im planning on rebuilding it over easter. So far ive taken the extractors and exhaust off and sanded it back and painted it in a metalic grey/silver heat proof paint :bounce

ill get some pics of it soon.

great to have our post back :beer

Robo - March 16th, 2004 at 08:55 AM

Sure is
I better get off here and go and do some work on the Beetle!
Catch ya's later!

zac_smits - March 16th, 2004 at 08:57 AM

oh, and in case anyone has heard of or read the car magazine 'evo'
i know the guy who owns it :) and he let me sit in and start the aston martin db7 zagato vanquish, and the pagani zonda c12s...that is cool.

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/10_11_pag.htm 

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/zondac12s73.html 

http://www.edge-inc.net/cars/index.cfm/page/one/id/365/t/exoticsportscars.htm 

http://www.astonmartins.com/v12vanq/vanquish_roadster.htm 

http://www.fast-autos.net/astonmartin/astonmartinroadster.html 

zac

Stanley - March 16th, 2004 at 09:52 AM

Well i'm here too finished the last of the welding on the trailer last night ready for the big camping trip at Easter.
Paint the chassis this weekend and then assy time.

And then can get started on the Notch again. Haven't touched it for two weeks.

Het Zac (happy birthday BTW) whats it like for type3 bits over there. I might get u some money and get you to bring some small bits back with u.

Where are u getting your reco'd dash from.

Stanley - March 16th, 2004 at 06:26 PM

Hope this works

If it does this is the"NOTCH" in the now messy/full shed

If not i'll be back

Robo - March 16th, 2004 at 06:48 PM

Hey
Looks pretty good! have ya finished the wiring yet? and have you been alowed back in the house yet.

Stanley - March 16th, 2004 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robo
Hey
Looks pretty good! have ya finished the wiring yet? and have you been alowed back in the house yet.

wiring......:cussing

zac_smits - March 16th, 2004 at 09:51 PM

kafer man...that's like an exact copy of mine dude...except i pulled the front bumper off mine to add the 2 1/4inch frame that holds an additional towbar (obviously so that you can tow in reverse:P:P)

zac

Stanley - March 23rd, 2004 at 07:31 PM

Hello...testing...testing......anyone there or is this a mirage:bounce

zac_smits - March 23rd, 2004 at 09:13 PM

wow ppls it looks like we lost a few days posts... i know i did

pyr0 - March 23rd, 2004 at 10:00 PM

hmmmmm loosing posts and pages from our own thread :alien not kool.

any way good news on the resto front :bounce those side steps i made are going to be painted white on friday :D:D:D ill put some pics up after they get done.

i might also try and get my bumpers......yes those ones from ages ago......high filled and painted too :cool:

YAY for progress no matter how slow it is :beer

zac_smits - March 24th, 2004 at 03:19 AM

at least you can do something pyro. i know my car is sitting at home under the house while i'm here enthusiastically wanting to do it up. oh well, i huess it'll just have to wait as usual.

pyr0 - March 24th, 2004 at 09:39 AM

lol zac do you trust ur mates ???

con them into helping out ;)

i would offer to help out but i struggle to get my own bus and my lil bro's EH done.

oh yeah update on the EH as well. took it for a blue slip and got nailed with 9 lines of defects :( mainly under body rust which was badder than it looked :(

itll be done sson but :beer

Robo - March 24th, 2004 at 03:12 PM

Hey Hey
Were back on line!!!:thumb
So whats everyone been up too.

Stanley - March 24th, 2004 at 07:57 PM

I've got a new avatar and I posted it all my self.
Frenzix made it from some photo's but I put it there.

and I have a web page ...whoo hoo.

Is it just me but when I load this thread it's about 4 foot wide on the screen.

Robo - March 24th, 2004 at 09:21 PM

No mine's normal
Hows the notch going.

Stanley - March 25th, 2004 at 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robo

Hows the notch going.

Slowly

zac_smits - March 25th, 2004 at 07:53 AM

why pyro are you offering to do it up for me????
(so that when i come back i'll have this awsome car to drive while pyros will be sitting rusting in the backyard...)

:D:D i would never suggest that :P

pyr0 - March 25th, 2004 at 10:36 AM

ha it was a "im not offering" LOL

any pics of the otch in progress kafer ???

pyr0 - March 25th, 2004 at 06:01 PM

it slipped big time !!!!!!!!

am i the only one holding the fort ???!>?!?!!??!! :vader

Robo - March 26th, 2004 at 04:40 AM

Not much posting happening here!
Whats everyone up too?