Board Logo

the people of the here and now
ducky - July 2nd, 2004 at 07:33 PM

lets talk vws". It looks all but certain the guy is taking my buggy. Pays deposit Monday OMG this was totally unplanned already having withdrawals

robnjo - July 2nd, 2004 at 07:35 PM

did I miss something?......you selling your buggie? what you going to get???

ducky - July 2nd, 2004 at 07:38 PM

Well I wasnt selling it but a guy from tassie wanted to buy it, I have another project in mind buggy of course but was thinking more for next year the offer just bought the project closer, so close in fact that I wont have a dub for valla. Call me Ducky Dubless

robnjo - July 2nd, 2004 at 07:41 PM

bummer dude.....buy a banger off eBay for Valla:cool:

ducky - July 2nd, 2004 at 07:42 PM

nah wanna save the cash for the next mean machine that lives in my imagination:blah

Bami - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:23 PM

I suppose if the guy from tassie has his heart set on it, and you were already starting to think of getting a new project then it is meant to be.

Don't worry, I will be dubless for Valla aswell.

So what do you have your eye on for the next project or is it a secret?

~Bami

ducky - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:25 PM

I thought that too bami, next project is a beefier manx

Anthiron - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:26 PM

go baja:P

ducky - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:30 PM

you kiddin right

Bami - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:31 PM

sounds fun ducky - bit of bush bashing. So have you seen one you like or just got the idea in general?

ducky - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:33 PM

a bit of both. Good friends who will help (a lot ) with build has a very cool one. I am really excited about seeing the wholebuild process from whoa to go and being involved in that.:blah

Anthiron - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:34 PM

im not kidding....a baja has a roof and storage space thats out of the whether.....about the only bonus a buggie would have is the shorter wheel base.....u could build a nice baja with the proceeds from your buggie.......i personally wouldnt sell your buggie though its pretty shmick

ducky - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:37 PM

A Baja can rust. No seriously I am a buggy kinda person if you love your baja power to you brother but me give me a topless day anytime.

Next project will be schmick too

Bami - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:37 PM

It would be great to follow the process from beginning to end ey!

Make sure you post pics when you get the project underway.

Did your friend build the one they have?

Craig Torrens - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ducky
. Call me Ducky Dubless

No.......DUMB DUCKY :P

Craig Torrens - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
a bit of both. Good friends who will help (a lot ) with build has a very cool one. I am really excited about seeing the wholebuild process from whoa to go and being involved in that.:blah

I'm building a buggy now.......................and yes there is a BUZZ doing it yourself and watching it slowly progress.

Costly though.;)...............but fun!

Bami - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:41 PM

http://desertmanx.homestead.com/files/03_James_Manx_test.jpg

is this the type you mean ducky? (sorry, i am a little vw clueless still, only being introduced to the world of vw's recently)

ducky - July 2nd, 2004 at 08:51 PM

kinda but not exactly

Craig why am I dumb?????

Desert Moose - July 3rd, 2004 at 12:46 AM

Ducky, it good to see you have this post going and maybe people would know about the buggy if the old one wasn't deleted (but life go's on). I still think the baja1000 look would be a good one. :blah :blah

[Edited on 2-7-2004 by Desert Moose]

zac_smits - July 3rd, 2004 at 08:10 AM

hehehe...the 'tomorrow people' equilvilant!!!

i like it..oo i'm trespassing...

i'll be gone

zac

Anthiron - July 3rd, 2004 at 06:44 PM

i like my baja......im also sticking with the swing axle but am going to have a 1641 built from my 1600 twin port engine i have spare.......gotta make it look tougher before valla.:bounce

wacked1 - July 3rd, 2004 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
next project is a beefier manx

please explain
http://www.gwb.com.au/2000/samples/phsingxmas98.jpg

[Edited on 3-7-2004 by wacked1]

zac_smits - July 4th, 2004 at 01:25 AM

You'll never get me!!!! hahahahahaha
:vader
:vader

Zac

ducky - July 4th, 2004 at 09:07 AM

okay back again been bush bashing on some bangers with kurt and gunter what a great day and night.

Zac you are welcome to the here and now.

Homebrand yes have decided to go IRS etc etc, that is one of the main reasons for changing machines

zac_smits - July 5th, 2004 at 09:10 AM

ooo bush-bashing...i remember diong that with dad when i was little!!!

that and hand-brake turns on the local dirt-roads. mad fun..it's always good fun..just like the avalon khanacrosses...

zac

p.s thanks ducky for the 'homely feeling' but i think i'll stick to the tomorrow ppl...hmm, maybe i should only post when i have something really useful to say...

yeh okay i'll do that.
night,
zac

Anthiron - July 5th, 2004 at 10:20 AM

im interested to know how much u are getting for your buggie ducky.....if u dont want to say thats fine but im wondering how much its worth....oh and rust is a bitch you got me there:P

robnjo - July 5th, 2004 at 10:34 AM

wacked 1>>"please explain"
do we have to?
:duh

$2.63 homebrand baja - July 5th, 2004 at 11:10 AM

:blah:duh:blah.... she's one hot momma! (who's the dude next to her?)....

Boozer - July 5th, 2004 at 11:18 AM

rust adds character.

Stanley - July 5th, 2004 at 07:39 PM

Do you guys and girls realize that the "people of the here and now" are always going to be a day behind "the tomorrow people"

Food for thought.....
:jesus