Board Logo

temp guage
t2 - October 10th, 2005 at 08:37 PM

wondering about where to find or buy a 2 inch oil temp guage in the western sydney area , i want to walk into a shop look at some find one with a chrome bezzle then buy it without someone saying we can get them in for you , also need to know what sender to buy, my motor has a deep sump ,is there a fitting or sender i can just screw straight in the sump plug hole then run wires for the light and oil temp reading ? or a i going about it all wrong ???? i have never fitted one before so its all new to me
thanks t2

Dub-Buggier - October 10th, 2005 at 09:19 PM

one think no VW gauge no VDO gauge a Murphy switch gauge and have a piece of mind hook it up to a light and a buzzer and never cook your oil again doing things you shouldent.

cheers
dub

68AutoBug - October 10th, 2005 at 09:46 PM

VDO oil temp gauges are readily available at many shops...
especially VW shops....

I have a sender that screws into the sump instead of the plug...

Vintage Vee dubs would probably have both parts.....
or Volksbahn .... SKH Motors ....??

Lee

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug 

blutopless2 - October 11th, 2005 at 08:28 AM

there are plenty of places around that should have them... maybe not all have them in stock.. but at least the catalogues that you can pick the design you want. Autobarn, Repco etc are alternatives but dont necessarily have them in stock.
I did this with my fuel gauge and sender. Picked what i wanted out of the VDO catalogue and got both parts in about 3 days.