Sold with regrets
CAFFINEPUSHERMAN - August 22nd, 2006 at 06:56 PM

my soul and my anal integrity:o i sold it for three beans and a pineapple

buzzbug - August 22nd, 2006 at 07:19 PM

My first car.

It was a 1968 HK 186 GTS Monaro.

Lee.

pod - August 22nd, 2006 at 07:30 PM

My AP5 Valiant Regal sedan,built it up from a jigsaw puzzle to daily driver was a good old cruiser:cry

Schmoburger - August 22nd, 2006 at 07:54 PM

I sold my pineapple for three beans and an anus! :duh

cram - August 23rd, 2006 at 08:31 AM

Still have my first car (54 oval - waiting for some loving), but regretted trading my '81 GSX 250 for a shiney new Hornet 600. The 250 had so much more character, sure it only did 115km/hr, sure the rear drum locked up, sure the carbies iced up the list goes on...

also a comet goldfish when I was a kid (in the 80's) - I bought him when he was small then traded him in for $2 years later...lesson learnt, a man and his fish should never be parted. I've had Roger the red devil since 1996...

madcamper - August 23rd, 2006 at 09:03 AM

I still regret selling my '70 notch. Bought it as an insurance write off and rebuilt it. Sold it 10 years ago and still think about it....

greedy53 - August 23rd, 2006 at 11:35 AM

i regret not marrying that pro in vic when she asked me would have kept in a manner i'm not accustom to
oh well

amazeer - August 23rd, 2006 at 12:37 PM

The original hellbus. Damn had some good fun in that thing.

Schmoburger - August 23rd, 2006 at 02:08 PM

Prolly my Mini Moke... but seriously he was waaay beyond my means to repair, so I would have regretted it a lot more if I had kept li'l Manny and watched him rust...

Fossil - August 23rd, 2006 at 05:04 PM

Go Schmo:P

CAFFINEPUSHERMAN - August 23rd, 2006 at 09:45 PM

schmo IT WAS YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

shaihulud - August 24th, 2006 at 10:47 AM

I regret selling three things when I was young. These are only a few of the total.

1. My Hornby Dublo train set.

2. My Meccano set. I replaced it about 20 years ago. I don't use it. I just have it. A young man next door who is doing an engineering degree recently borrowed it to make a mechanism for an assignment. That's why I have it. All properly equiped scientific laboratories should have a Meccano set with which to make mechanisms to help in experiments.

3. My marbles. I had several blood real marbles amongst a big collection of otherwise ordinary marbles. My dad gave them to me as he had kept them from his boyhood. Blood reals are red and white with a marbled swirl effect. They are harder and denser than other marbles and have a greater coefficient of restitution. That means that when they hit an ordinary glass marble they stop and the cheap glass marble goes flying away. They also had a chipped, rough surface from years of use, so they were very easy to grip and fire. I used to trade dozens of cheap marbels to get a lost blood real back.
I had a blood real tombowler that was invincible.
Now that I think more deeply about this, I really do regret not still having them.

fekkinell - August 24th, 2006 at 05:40 PM

My kawasaki ZZR250... WHY DID I SELL IT??... WHYYY??? :cry

splitbus07 - July 22nd, 2008 at 06:31 PM

My Mini

My Valiant station wagon (safari)

My Bug

ummmm

rose - July 22nd, 2008 at 08:00 PM

My BMW I miss the speed and handling not quiet the same in the Hilux it looses tracktion everywhere even when you don't try to in the wet does good fishies :lol:

newghia - July 22nd, 2008 at 08:31 PM

My first car, the reason for this affliction, an early sixties beetle that i was setting up for a 13B engine, spent too many weekends getting it straight for a nice coat of white tinter, only put an interior in it to sell it !
still got my 2nd car, a hilux !

iluvbugs - July 23rd, 2008 at 01:49 PM

My first beetle, a Martini Olive 1976. And also my HSV Senator. Hmmm they were the days!

vwsteve - July 23rd, 2008 at 02:29 PM

i really regret selling my old 54 barndoor split ute for a house deposit, it was a beauty even had safaris,very little rust, old crank handle 1100,a st christopher badge on the dash which was a factory extra apparently, a fella around byron bay has it now, saw it on this website recently but at least he is fixing it still:mad:

Rural Baja - July 23rd, 2008 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rexy
i really regret selling my old 54 barndoor split ute for a house deposit, it was a beauty even had safaris,very little rust, old crank handle 1100,a st christopher badge on the dash which was a factory extra apparently, a fella around byron bay has it now, saw it on this website recently but at least he is fixing it still:mad:

Bruce Lol :lol:

VWMA Editor - July 23rd, 2008 at 04:42 PM

• 1963 Toyota Tiara

• 1978 Valiant Regal sedan. I restored it and used it as a daily. Fully optioned.

Go Mopar!

polarbus93 - July 23rd, 2008 at 04:53 PM

mine is a 62 steel blue and opal white delux my x wife made me sell due to too many toys at the time

byronbus - November 4th, 2008 at 06:07 AM

Quote:

When did you own that rexy?

type3kid - November 4th, 2008 at 08:32 AM

my GTI...:(

Wannavee - November 4th, 2008 at 03:37 PM

Where do i start? All regrettable sales for one reason or another
My original black 55 Chev (sob,sniff)
66 Chev
big block hk monaro
VC and AP5 Valiants
916 Ducati racebike
R1 Yamaha racebike
A 9 second GSX 1230 Suzuki streetbike
And a few others :(

grogy - November 4th, 2008 at 03:56 PM

my 2180 ida manx , sure was fun

ancientbugger - November 4th, 2008 at 04:13 PM

I have only ever sold two of my dubs, my KG in the UK but I don't regret selling it as it would have been an ongoing problem down the track with the body but I do regret leaving the engine in it. In Oz I sold a camper because the wife told me to and I don't regret that either. Just wish I'd kept the engine though from the KG, twin Reece fish carbs,counter weighted crank,1835cc,lightened flywheel, go faster cam (I think a Scat C45) gasflowed heads, it went like the clappers and was even reliable! Now I'm a married man with kids and so my priorities have had to change, Will never sell my buggy nor cabriolet as they are part of the family and I know I'd regret it if I did.

byronbus - November 6th, 2008 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by byronbus
Quote:

When did you own that rexy?

Rexy, any history?
The st christopher badge is gone...

73Dub - November 8th, 2008 at 04:03 AM

I've never sold a Dub, in fact i've only recently bought my first one. I do however regret selling my 74 dodge truck. It ws a shortbed that I built a big block for. It was a beast until a brake failure left the front end in shambles:(

Sioux - November 9th, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shaihulud
I regret selling three things when I was young. These are only a few of the total.

1. My Hornby Dublo train set.

2. My Meccano set. I replaced it about 20 years ago. I don't use it. I just have it. A young man next door who is doing an engineering degree recently borrowed it to make a mechanism for an assignment. That's why I have it. All properly equiped scientific laboratories should have a Meccano set with which to make mechanisms to help in experiments.

3. My marbles. I had several blood real marbles amongst a big collection of otherwise ordinary marbles. My dad gave them to me as he had kept them from his boyhood. Blood reals are red and white with a marbled swirl effect. They are harder and denser than other marbles and have a greater coefficient of restitution. That means that when they hit an ordinary glass marble they stop and the cheap glass marble goes flying away. They also had a chipped, rough surface from years of use, so they were very easy to grip and fire. I used to trade dozens of cheap marbels to get a lost blood real back.
I had a blood real tombowler that was invincible.
Now that I think more deeply about this, I really do regret not still having them.

james may ?

MR__G - November 10th, 2008 at 10:36 PM

I really regret selling my MK3 vr6 Colour concept,not the quikest thing on the raod but fun and only 1 of 20.Now I'm in a rice burner. :ninja: Oh what a feeling!