Board Logo

Drag Tech section ?
Dak-A-Tak - November 10th, 2011 at 08:33 PM

What do people think about a Drag Tech Section ?
Articals or links for drag racing tech help.
Maybe the powers of this web site can chime in ?

Lots of new blood coming in to vw drag racing now ,there is aways something ,they are looking for help with .

Tech idea's, shocks , drag suspension , wheels , tyre's, race car wiring , fuel tech , engine tech , Carbs , turbo sizes ,Any thing for racing a vw , ect

http://www.aircooled.net/gnrlsite/resource/specgeninfo/calcs.htm 

http://www.aircooled.net/gnrlsite/resource/articles/48idarebuild.htm 

http://www.aircooled.net/gnrlsite/resource/articles/synthoil.htm 

Get the idea

Dak-A-Tak - November 11th, 2011 at 07:41 AM

42 people read this , so know one thinks it's a good idea or would like a place to look up tech stuff.
Well ! I'll go back , under my rock .
Unless people comment , nothing will happen .

HappyDaze - November 11th, 2011 at 07:51 AM

Gee.......a whole day, and nothing's been done! I suppose it took a while to build Rome, though, didn't it?

dragvw2180 - November 11th, 2011 at 08:15 AM

I think it is a brilliant idea. It is funny how each generation has to relearn everything that the old timers have already done for years. Dave Kawell and I talked about this awhile back . Think about all the time and effort people like Dave Butler and the other guys over there have invested , it seems smart to tap that resource. Something as simple as adjusting valves when you have not done it before would make a good article, let alone setting up a chassis for drag race use. Again, great idea, Mike McCarthy

coletrickle - November 11th, 2011 at 08:15 AM

Pete the CLA already has this function avaliable.Although you dont need a computer,you ring Dangerous,Craig,Westie,MattB,Macca,Ritchie or yourself.Problem solved and most of people i have spoken about are not selling parts just labour and years of experience.Good idea though but as long as i don't loose my phone i'm good,but im sure. it will help some

essex - November 11th, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I think this is a good idea Peter, don't go under a rock.
cheers

fast68 - November 11th, 2011 at 02:02 PM

Great idea!

Turbo54 - November 11th, 2011 at 02:05 PM

Nice idea although it is also nice earning by mistakes and figuring progress out. Much more rewarding that was. I saw something recently that said 'custom doesn't come in a box'.
That sums it up perfectly.
T54

Camo - November 11th, 2011 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dak-A-Tak
42 people read this , so know one thinks it's a good idea or would like a place to look up tech stuff.
Well ! I'll go back , under my rock .
Unless people comment , nothing will happen .

I think it is a great idea especially for those into drags rather than a street car setup.

Maybe you can change it to a 'Poll' type thread and then it's easy for people (lazy bastards) to vote.

Kev

mactaylor - November 11th, 2011 at 04:21 PM

yeah sounds like a great idea im in!

christopher - November 11th, 2011 at 04:59 PM

Great idea

1303Steve - November 11th, 2011 at 05:28 PM

Hi

I think its a good idea.

My son is a member of the R31 Skyline club, they have an excellent wiki technical page http://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?title=Main_Page  As I'm the one that does most of the spanner work on his R31 I find it really useful.

Maybe something along those lines. Some of Joels how too post would be good, get rid of irrelevant posts etc

Steve

Gracey - November 12th, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Yep, top idea, bring it on!!

whathaveidone - November 12th, 2011 at 03:19 PM

I think its a great idea. I could do with a bit of a helping hand at the moment!!!!!

1916baja - November 12th, 2011 at 03:28 PM

Top idea, Would probably save Dave and I harassing Mr butler every time we can't figure something out!

FROSTY - November 12th, 2011 at 04:01 PM

I need all the help I can get too!!!

Dak-A-Tak - November 12th, 2011 at 05:34 PM

I'm not trying to stand on people's toe's or vw work shops or business .The vw drag car project is a huge thing to take on .
I notice in lots of posts that people ask each other for help or want information regarding tech stuff .
My comment about under my rock , was about getting people typing after I looked at the user's names on that period .

We have many great minds on here , that have there own skills or knowledge on vw drag racing or where to find it that part , so way not combine together.

I'm sure we could design something , any idea's?

Stanley - November 14th, 2011 at 06:36 AM

There's a country buggy tech section so why not have a drag tech section....bring it on

westi - November 15th, 2011 at 07:11 PM

closed,who jumped on who's toes.

westi - November 15th, 2011 at 07:13 PM

why is it a closed topic.
i love black label alcohol.
black label forums?.is it to naughty or something.
what's the deal bannana peel.

barls - November 15th, 2011 at 07:43 PM

if it was closed would you of been able to reply to it????
its been moved and a redirection has been left where it was. try looking closer

westi - November 15th, 2011 at 09:08 PM

found it.
me not so smart u know.

whathaveidone - November 17th, 2011 at 08:46 PM

So haw do we get this thing started??????

dangerous - November 25th, 2011 at 07:29 PM

Moderators please make this to become a "sticky" in the dragracing section.

LIFE IN THE LOW LANE - August 25th, 2013 at 08:19 PM

If you have a topic that should be pinned in a drag tech section post it up so those fountains of knowledge on here can reply with an answer and it'll be easy to find!!

humpty - November 1st, 2013 at 05:55 PM

Still nothing.... Mods please get onto this great idea... Aussie drag racing dubbers need this resource!

barls - November 1st, 2013 at 06:02 PM

Mate it's not the mods or admins that create new sections but the owner ie Andrew. Maybe you should contact him and point this out to him.
Alternatively if you want to start a thread on it I can pin it in the drag section

vw54 - November 2nd, 2013 at 07:22 AM

I have moved it and made sticky into Drag Section

So ask away

andrewmurphy - November 2nd, 2013 at 08:46 AM

I'll get started......
Section 4.9.7 Flywheel shields - states that vw NA running faster than 11.00 can use a ballistic blanket 'MEETING' SFI 4.1.
There is a guy here in Brisbane that makes ballistic blankets but they are not 'CERTIFIED' to SFI 4.1.
What do you guys run? If it's a blanket, how do you get it passed through tech?
I don't want to put.a 6mm shield around my bell housing.

dangerous - November 2nd, 2013 at 09:34 AM

There is an SFI standard 4.1 for 'flexible' blankets, and also a 4.1 standard for 'trans shields'.

http://www.sfifoundation.com/drag-racing/ 

There are plenty of trans blankets available out there for other types of gearboxes,
that meet the SFI 4.1 standard.

http://www.sfifoundation.com/wp-content/pdfs/manufacturers/4.1%20Manufacturer...(flexible%20type).pdf

If the local manufacturer can make a trans blanket to SFI 4.1 'Flexible', then that will be perfectly acceptable by ANDRA.

Simples!