Board Logo

flash trim,. Maybe
Carl and Emily - July 25th, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Anyone need some bits of flash trim?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/loganlea/wrecking/1960-vw-beetle-wrecking-for-parts-and-dismantling-only-/1051223334?utm_source=crite o&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ActivePlus-other&mpch=ads

pfillery - August 5th, 2014 at 07:12 AM

Saw that one. They want 2k for it which seems a bit much since they told me they took the trim off it. They reckon they paid more than that for it just for the trim pieces. Would cost a fair bit to get it back up and running - looks like its all burnt out including the engine.

LUFTMEISTER - August 5th, 2014 at 08:04 AM

Tell em, their dreamin' :spin:

pfillery - August 6th, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I did. They seemed insulted, "everyone here is an expert and we know the value of these, the engine is worth the asking price alone and we paid far more than that to get it just for the trim".

On a side note, I believe that once metal has been subjected to heat from a fire, it weakens it making it unsafe, so chances are if its a writeoff, it can't be registered again.

VDUBXTC - August 11th, 2014 at 12:40 PM

The car went to salvage auctions where they got it from. Online bidding got to $550. so how they come to paying 2,000k for it got me stumped

Allbones - August 15th, 2014 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pfillery
I did. They seemed insulted, "everyone here is an expert and we know the value of these, the engine is worth the asking price alone and we paid far more than that to get it just for the trim".

On a side note, I believe that once metal has been subjected to heat from a fire, it weakens it making it unsafe, so chances are if its a writeoff, it can't be registered again.

You are correct.