Board Logo

[FS - NSW] '01 Turbo beetle
beetleboyjeff - October 6th, 2017 at 08:28 PM

My daughter had one of these - great car, went really well. She also sold it when she wasn't using it enough when she got a company car. She has an Amarok now.

zeppelin-vwwe - December 7th, 2017 at 06:33 PM

Relisting--

Up for sale is my 2001 Volkswagen beetle 9C Turbo.
Car is in really great condition. Mechanically perfect. 175xxx kms on clock. I bought the car last December, and only selling because of medical reasons and not really driving much. Manual gearbox in great condition. No crunching in gears or slipping in clutch. Really comfortable car to drive. Always kept up to date with servicing, recently serviced earlier this year (less than 3,000km ago) and major service items done by previous owner.
110kW / 150bhp @ 6000rpm. 210Nm Tourque @ 1750rpm
It's a reeally punchy, powerful little motor, makes it really fun to drive, whilst still being a practible small family car. The beetle turbo is kind of the underrated version of the golf GTI. '01 is the same chassis as the mkIV golf, and early Audi A3's, but personally I think it's a better car (l looked around at quite a few Audis and Golfs and this beetle I bought was by far the best car of the lot). Car features:
-Leather seats (in near new condition. No tears or fading) Front seats are heated.
-ABS disc brakes all round
-Cruise control and traction control
-Electric windows, mirrors, and sunroof. Everything works! None of the common gremlins that are usually found in VW's of this era. No sagging in the rooflining, which is also a common problem in the counterparts such as the golf.
-New headlamps and custom taillights. Clear lenses all round
-Brand new set of black 17" DRAG DR69 wheels with new tyres installed last month. I also have the original VW factory rims with really good tyres to go with the sale, at the right price. (I've included photos of the car with both wheels for comparison. The black wheels are what is on the car)
Overall the car is in excellent condition. The paint still looks great. No fading or peeling in the clear coat, and absolutely no rust spots. Has a small dent on the passenger door (easy fix) and some scratches on the front left fender from a careless carpark warrior. Only other issue is a broken glove-box lid. Again, a cheap part ($20 on ebay) I just haven't got around to fixing these small cosmetic things.
I've just added six months NSW Rego (till May '18) Car is priced accordingly at $6000 o.n.o. Only reasonable offers will be considered as I am happy to keep the car if it dosen't sell (I have two vw's and only listing for sale due to lack of use)
Anyone in the market for an affordable, factory spec GTi like car should keep this in mind.
PM for details, or call me on 0458 889 444
Thanks, Zac

zeppelin-vwwe - February 9th, 2018 at 02:24 PM

Bump and price drop to -- $5,450

176,000 on the clock

Just shy of 3 months rego left. Recently serviced and no issues to pass inspection.

Mechanically perfect.

Great little runner, just not really suiting my needs at the moment.

Keen to move it on and put some of the money towards some repairs on my '62 I've been putting off for a while.

Call on 0458 889 444 for further details.

Cheers.
Zac

zeppelin-vwwe - March 28th, 2018 at 01:09 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $4,950 o.n.o ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just been pink slipped.

Keen to sell before the nationals

zeppelin-vwwe - July 23rd, 2018 at 04:57 PM

VW TURBO Beetle Manual '01 4900

Three months rego

Less than 179k km on odometer

Serviced Less than 4000 km ago

New battery with 20 month warranty installed last month.

Overall in very good condition. Only problems are cosmetic. Few scratches can only see up close. broken glovebox (repairable but really not worth fixing) Worst damage is a crack on the front grill around the left foglight. Again, repairable, but I don't have the money or insurance or knowhow to fix myself.

Rest of the car is great, Strong motor. very tunable, 900 gets it up to the 132kw spec of series 1 Audi TT. Ive seen these tuned to 180kw+

It was my intention to hot up the motor, but plans have changed.

Need to sell ASAP to buy a van or ute for work

I'm barely using the car now and its just starting to be in the way, I need it gone

Great car, just for me, bought at the wrong time.

Message here or email z.vamvouklis@gmail.com as I don't have a phone right now