Board Logo

Pertronix ignitor cooking
binner - August 9th, 2014 at 03:44 PM

Hi, left my bus sitting for 2 weeks and came to start it but the batt was dead so I tried to jump start it with normal leads not thinking about my electronic ignition, it almost started but then just wouldnt run.... Have I cooked my pertronix ignition?
My coil is at about 3 ohms testing. How do you test the pertronix module?
Yes I have fuel and no fuses have blown in anything, it was running perfect prior to leaving it for two weeks so all I can think is I've blown my ignition.....next step I guess is to put points in and see .....

Cheers in advance
Ian

Ampdub - August 9th, 2014 at 04:36 PM

I'm not an expert but i woudl not have thought so, the battery would have acted as some kind of shunt/resistor and as you said no fuses blown so does not sound like there could have been a surge. A bit of a mystery i suppose do as you were going to changin the points and see how you go. Always good to learn something.

binner - August 9th, 2014 at 06:25 PM

Well,I just tested the ignition unit as per online tests from pertronix and seems ok.......this sux ass.....

binner - August 12th, 2014 at 05:39 PM

Don't panic,I sorted it out this arvo.

68AutoBug - August 13th, 2014 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by binner
Don't panic,I sorted it out this arvo.

What was the problem??

loose wire??

LEE

I will now start My Beetle with Pertronics ignitor at least every 13 days so I don't have the same problem :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Lee