Board Logo

Ring this bloke re Bosch Alternator rebuilds
Camo - March 4th, 2015 at 08:16 AM

Hi all,

you may recall recently me tryng to find someone to rebuild Bosch Alternators, well you can't buy the parts anymore and 3 very well know VW outlet/repairers can't even help with this one.

I found this guy that had his own business years ago and has lots of new old stock although he just does work from home, so this is the only person I know of that can do this job in the Sydney area. I had complete overhaul with new bearing, diodes and internal regulator fitted and tested (sent photos to me) for $250.

He lives Sothern Highlands area, but drop offs can be done at Camden GTI in Campbelltown.

His name is Allan and he said he is happy for me to post all his details, so I hope this can help some other veedubbers out there in solving this issue.

Name: Allen
Phone: 0438 219661
Fax: 46 571648
Email: allan.michell@bigpond.com

Please let him know how you heard of him.

Cheers, Kev

vduboy - March 4th, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Good on you kev for sharing this info, can we sticky it up the top mods?

karmann141 - March 4th, 2015 at 07:10 PM

For Brisbane Dubbers

I had my Bosch alternator totally rebuilt by Michael at

Greenslopes Car Electrix
530 Logan Road, Greenslopes QLD 4120

He never mentioned that parts were hard to find, only never buy a cheap Chinese alternator - always get your original Bosch alternator rebuilt. Cost $160 a year & half ago.

psimitar - March 8th, 2015 at 09:52 PM

Glad to hear the alternator can be repaired. Kuddos to you both for sharing the details :)

kombiwhisperer - November 8th, 2015 at 10:59 AM

what, you mean there is still some tradesmen out there--I was getting lonely

68AutoBug - June 22nd, 2016 at 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by karmann141
For Brisbane Dubbers

I had my Bosch alternator totally rebuilt by Michael at

Greenslopes Car Electrix530 Logan Road, Greenslopes QLD 4120
He never mentioned that parts were hard to find, only never buy a cheap Chinese alternator - always get your original Bosch alternator rebuilt. Cost $160 a year & half ago.

Good to know....

LEE

68AutoBug - August 7th, 2016 at 06:14 PM

Major problem now is that most of the NOS parts now not available were stocked by many auto electricians years ago...
and these were disposed of when the business closed or all old parts were disposed of , as a tax reduction....

Well, I'm just about to fit My new alternator... and its probably chinese????
I'll have to check if there is a made in PRC or China on it somewhere...!!!!!

or pretend it was made somewhere else....:lol::crazy::!:

LEE

baghall - September 19th, 2018 at 10:46 AM

Thanks for sharing. Pity is I didn't see this before getting an auto electrician to rebuild mine. Just over $200 and I got it back. Bearings clapped out in 3 months. Piece of crap and crap work. Not even sure he worked on other than cleaned it up.