Board Logo

(Digital) PDF version of the VW Beetle workshop manual?
GFXerDave - June 8th, 2017 at 09:57 AM

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has a digital version of the vw beetle workshop manual that covers specifically the 1968 - 69 models that they could please send me via email?

Thank you in advance!

Dave

Bizarre - June 8th, 2017 at 12:51 PM

while not specifically 1968-1969 but http://www.vw-resource.com  covers most things

wombatventures - June 8th, 2017 at 01:20 PM

I've got a PDF of 61-75 Reporationshandbok (In Swedish) if it will help for diagrams. Thought I had the Gregory's but can't seem to find it.

GFXerDave - June 8th, 2017 at 04:38 PM

Thanks guys! I'll take any digital/online resource you can throw at me, :)

68AutoBug - June 8th, 2017 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GFXerDave
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has a digital version of the vw beetle workshop manual that covers specifically the 1968 - 69 models that they could please send me via email?

Thank you in advance!

Dave

Most manuals etc on the internet are for USA/north american versions of the beetle and are LHD..
vw-resource is an excellent site - for trouble shooting too...

LEE

viiking - June 13th, 2017 at 01:26 PM

A new Bentley is about $72 with free shipping from the UK.

Then you can do what I did last week.
Cut the book into sections by removing the spine. (Yes this is a bit like desecration). Then cut the conjoined pages using a pair of scissors, or as in my case a paper cutter that my wife uses for making cards.

You end up with about 500 double sided pages.

Then scan each page using a two sided scanner. Now you have your un-mail-able 380 Mb pdf. Now you can look at any page using an old computer or laptop in your garage on the old TV screen set up in the man-cave.

Then I individually laminated each page and bound them into a spring binder folder by section so my greasy fingers don't ruin the pages. Now I have a soft copy I can read off a computer and a hard copy if I need it.

I also had a copy of the wiring diagram printed in colour and laminated at Officeworks in A0 size.

Spend the $72 and buy a book.