Board Logo

Swing Axle drive shaft to IRS?
duncombemu - November 27th, 2019 at 09:36 PM

I can't seem to find any info on what I have to do to change a Swing Axle trans to a IRS drive.

I have a gearbox 'freeway Flier' that is connected to my Swing Axle and now I want to put it into my IRS floor pan.

So my question is:
Is it a job I can do (from the outside), or should I get an IRS Trans and change over the gears inside?
Does this question make sense to anyone?

Is there a web site or on this site any help with this?
I'm sure this would of been done before. So can anyone help and shove me in the right direction?


vw54 - November 28th, 2019 at 05:16 PM

No you will have to remove the gearbox from the car to convert the swing output shafts to IRS

it can be done it may be easier to a get a IRS box complete

bushed - November 30th, 2019 at 09:09 AM

irs box should also have less kms on it...