Board Logo

Early pedal assy into late floorpan.
66deluxe - April 19th, 2009 at 08:38 AM

I am putting my 66 body onto a 70 semi auto pan converted to manual, can you use the early pedals on the later pan so i canstill keep high beam switch and operate it?

Cheers Damo.

OZ Towdster - April 19th, 2009 at 09:04 AM

Yes ,
You will need to cut a hole in the top of the tunnel but , as the clutch tube will need to be moved over to the drivers side of the tunnel as the early clutch peddle cable hook is on the passengers side and hence the tube in its current position will not line up with the peddle hook by approx 70mm.
Plus while youve got the welder out weld a 40 x 6 flat bar at approx 45* under the pan for where you bolt the early bracket and back stop plate too .
An easier option would be to posibley heat and bend the late clutch peddle over a bit .

Andrew

59baja - May 7th, 2017 at 07:42 PM

I am in the process of this as well, my IRS floorpan has had a section removed from the tunnel then braced up to allow access for this to be done at some point, I put it up on the facebook page and ohh my god the opinionated people came out of hiding, I only wanted to know if anyone had done it and any tips to do it. This has helped me move on a little and thanks.

Cheers

Adrian