Board Logo

my little 1974 bug
Frenchy - September 12th, 2002 at 12:44 AM

http://warton.topcities.com/superbug/

having read this forum for many a month now thought i would drop in a few pics of my bug Gene and show how the resto is going on i have been at it at the weekends now for about one and a half months its slow going but strangley rewarding and things are begining to come together a bit now :-)

tell us what ya think any sugesstions what i could do will be appriciated am trying to keeping it almost stock looking though and considering a color change in the next few years to a nice purple.

[Edited on 11-9-2002 by Frenchy]

Bizarre - September 12th, 2002 at 09:19 AM

Got your hands full with that little resto!

Go the Supers! :thumb

Frenchy - September 13th, 2002 at 10:01 PM

Thanks

i am basicly going to make it a rolling repair/resto job hope to have it through a uk MOT by December. The repair jobs to get it through that are mainly genral beetle rot and simple(ish) things like ball joints/track rod ends.

After that its going to be tarting it up and more less major work, possible 2 new heater channels patched for now but defo need doing next year cash allowing.

Grey 57 - September 13th, 2002 at 10:11 PM

Project looks good. Big job. Salty roads and cars just don't mix eh!. Were lucky in Aus with a mild climate and no snow (in the cities anyway) So rust isn't always a major problem. :thumb:thumb