Board Logo

68 Square back ej20t fun
Klaus - April 27th, 2007 at 06:40 PM

This is my daily driven work car ,been thru a few motors until I did the subi conversion , best thing I ever did to it.
Originaly found the car in a paddock pretty much how it looks now , except for rims and holes in the front and a sanding with 1200w/dry. Every mechanical part rebuilt or replaced and also had irs and disc conversion. Does the sleeper thing well.

bond - April 27th, 2007 at 07:36 PM

fk oath it does the sleeper well! nice

nick

Flintstones - April 27th, 2007 at 10:16 PM

top sleeper!!

how much does the engine stick through the engine lid and did you cut up any sheet metal to make it fit?

Cheers

VWCOOL - April 27th, 2007 at 11:43 PM

yep nice sleepy WAKEY WAKEY!

555bug - April 28th, 2007 at 08:19 AM

note to self, beware type3's that sound funny. Nice work, you going suby power in your dual cab?

Cheers Stephen

Dasdubber - April 28th, 2007 at 05:17 PM

Hey klaus, can you give any details of the gearbox - rebuilt/ratios? What clutch and pressure plate are you using to withstand the EJ20T abuse?

Cheers
Alan

Klaus - April 28th, 2007 at 10:22 PM

the dual cab has a ej22 in the back with 091 box , but seriously thinking of doing the ej20t if i can get the funds to do it. I have two spare rs liberty w/a intercoolers tempting me in the shed.
The box in type 3 is a single side plate and havent done a thing to it except oil change . Clutch is stock 215mm sach sprung centre friction plate with a 800kg (about 1700lb) pressure plate from cbb. Havent had a problem with either , but to be honest I dont abuse them off the line only once the cars moving do I give it a little bit.
I cut most of the loading area out , and made a new lid which sticks up about 100mm.

baybuscamperkid - April 29th, 2007 at 05:09 PM

thats a wicked little toy

pete wood - April 29th, 2007 at 11:02 PM

nauty nauty! love it :smirk:

ColumBUS - April 30th, 2007 at 09:32 PM

i.want.burnout.

Liam_81 - May 1st, 2007 at 05:50 PM

Hell yeah! that would haul. Would love to see this in the flesh at some stage.

GoLfMan - May 1st, 2007 at 06:23 PM

sorry for the noob question, but can you take a pick of the radiator set up?

Klaus - May 1st, 2007 at 10:28 PM

Cant see too much but heres some shots of it and frame it sits in . Car will be at Blast from the past at Berry on sunday 6th may. Then on stage at westfield miranda performing with Hi Five, the following weekend

kombi_kid - May 8th, 2007 at 09:34 PM

that is exactly what i like to see gonna do it myself and guess what i have a bay dual cab with a EJ22 aswell ahahahahahaha twins? ahahahahahaha looks the shit mate can u send thorugh a few more piccies of around the rad? did u use solid radiator line or just flex and where did u run them?(am asuming through tunnel up centre of floorpan?) seriously matew that is kick ass!!
cheers
rhys

Klaus - May 8th, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Yeah pipes up the tunnel , will get some better shots of lower rad . The dual cab will now be getting a ej20t as I've just bought a frontcut at a very good price and couldn't knock it back. So the torture of the wiring begins again , but am looking forward to a turbo 200hp splitty, dropped on the ground.
I have 9 flexible joints in the cooling system so far only one will occasionally leak, once every 2 months . Its all made out of 30mm waterpipe. Tight squeeze up the tunnel. Will re-do it when splitty's on the road.

kombi_kid - May 14th, 2007 at 06:23 PM

sweet as mate yer i would prefer the turbo too! is there gonna be much difference in the wiring changing from the EJ22 to the EJ20T??
cheers
rhys

pyr0 - May 14th, 2007 at 07:47 PM

i saw this one at the berry show, its such a sneaky unit you cant even tell that its packing that kind of punch until you check out the back :ninja:

Klaus - May 14th, 2007 at 11:04 PM

didn't splice ej22 harness into splitty's yet just got rid of unnecesary crap, also i'm using a complete harness out of a 75 kombi so it can handle 12v and a bit more amps .
The front cut I picked up doesnt have abs or cruise control unlike the one for the wagon, so its got alot less headaches. meaning 2 less computers to remove .

Type3Sicko - May 15th, 2007 at 08:45 AM

a few extra ponies at the rear wheels plus the awesome style of the marvellous type 3. Winning combination mate! well done

VWCOOL - May 15th, 2007 at 10:54 PM

A bloke called 'Sideshow' in Sydney does wiring - I think it is $600 exchange, ready to fit, modifies your harness and labels it ready to install
HTH

jo_tas - May 15th, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Man.. that must be so much fun to drive!

I'd love to do this conversion on Gwendoline (my notch) but it just seems so complex lol