Board Logo

Annex Question
perksyaus - January 17th, 2007 at 01:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the best place to put this one... but here goes :)

I have recently bought an original VW annex for my Kombi - one slight problem is that it does not have any poles. Now I think I have worked out what I need to find - looks like all pole were external, and the annex goes up in a peak on both the front and back... but if anyone could either send me a photo of how its supposed to look, or suggest a place I could get custom poles made in the brisbane area I would be forever grateful.... I am hoping to take it on its first run Australia day... would be great to have the poles organised by then

Thanks

Denise

kombikim - January 17th, 2007 at 01:54 PM

if it is an original campmobile Annexe then the poles were internal

but frame is shaped like this anyway

perksyaus - January 17th, 2007 at 02:12 PM

I Have a photo

perksyaus - January 17th, 2007 at 02:19 PM

I'm going to try that again - doesn't seem to have worked

perksyaus - January 17th, 2007 at 02:20 PM

and one more

kombikim - January 17th, 2007 at 02:28 PM

that looks almost right

perksyaus - January 17th, 2007 at 02:54 PM

you know, as much as I hate to admit it, it looks like we had the thing inside out :) any ideas where I could find someone who would do custom poles???

kombikim - January 17th, 2007 at 03:00 PM

not me, I would imagine it would be fairly expensve - because of the weight of the annexe, the roof frame has to be welded at the 3-way points

"funny" thing is a few years ago in here somebody had plose & no tent........

combicate - February 1st, 2007 at 03:42 PM

hi i have an Annex for my 1974 Combi that i don't use. Would anyone be interested in buying it? I am based in Perth. new to forum so not too sure if i am in the right area. Cate

Liam_1980 - August 2nd, 2007 at 02:33 AM

Hey combicate if you still have that annex I'm interested..?
Cheers Liam

PurpleT3 - August 2nd, 2007 at 09:16 AM

We have one of those and the poles are inside. It is basiaclly a frame which holds it up. The ropes are just to stop it blowing away. Having poles made shouldn't be too expensive, but you would need a set to copy as trying to reverse engineer them based on the annexe would be difficult.