Board Logo

SA: Quick Paint Job
SebastienPeek - August 15th, 2011 at 05:59 PM

I am after a cheap paint job, basically just the two rear guards need to be done.

Send me a price, I want them gloss white. If I do all the sanding back, how much would I be looking at?

:)

smithy68 - August 28th, 2011 at 08:54 AM

Hey bud there is a guy on gumtree adelaide called afx paint, the guys name is clay matthews he has a place at unley if you want somthing like that done mate.

Governor - August 28th, 2011 at 09:04 AM

Don't do the sanding back yourself as you will need to prime them to stop them rusting.
Whoever you use to paint them might not use a paint that is compatible with the primer you use.
Best to ask the painter first.

SebastienPeek - August 28th, 2011 at 09:16 AM

Have sent them in, the bloke that I got is doing them for like, maximum of $200.
Sanding back, priming and acrylic white.

Not going to spend heaps yet, because I want to get her completely resprayed next year.
The aim is to just get these guards on.

turboty - February 22nd, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SebastienPeek
Have sent them in, the bloke that I got is doing them for like, maximum of $200.
Sanding back, priming and acrylic white.

Not going to spend heaps yet, because I want to get her completely resprayed next year.
The aim is to just get these guards on.

i forget that these old cars are acrylic... i do all my painting in 2pk... let us know how it turns out...

snitz - February 22nd, 2013 at 02:04 PM

This thread is 2 years old..lol. Sebs car got damaged and has started a new beetle project since then.:cool:

SebastienPeek - February 22nd, 2013 at 02:42 PM

Wow, way to bring up an old thread...

turboty - February 23rd, 2013 at 04:08 PM

A midnight post.. what do you want? Lol

waveman1500 - February 23rd, 2013 at 07:11 PM

This is why you should only browse AVD through the "Topic Activity" feature. The board moves slow enough that you won't miss anything by doing it that way.

snitz - February 23rd, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Or maybe check the date of the last post...:lol: