Board Logo

Sunshine Coast
Kombi M@D - May 28th, 2004 at 06:33 AM

Send me an Email if you are coming my way or stuck in the area. I got a few spares and can help you out if you get caught out :)

timothyriddle@mightynet.aunz.com

Shrek - May 28th, 2004 at 01:04 PM

Hello Tim (I'm guessing your name from the email address),

Just wanted to introduce myself as a fellow Sunshine Coast Kombi owner. I'm new to the sport so always appreciate any help in parts and advice that someone local can offer. Where are you based and what kind of Kombi you got? You can see mine in the avatar (or go to members rides and see 'My new Kombi, SHREK!!). Shrek is a '76 2ltr with fixed high top, ugly but cool none the less.

Anyhow, catch you around and wave if you see me driving around!!

Cheers,

Joel

Dunebuggy - November 13th, 2004 at 11:26 AM

G'day Tim, Stuart here, formerely from the northern beaches in sydney. It's been a while since I visited this site and I saw "sunshine coast" in your post.
I moved here in June this year to be closer to ageing mother.
I left a lot of great mates behind in sydney and have only made one friend up here so far. Would love to catch up and swap stories over a coffee. I am in Little Mountain just off Caloundra Road, where are you? I will send you an email in case you don't check here.
Anyone else that needs a hand.......big workshop.......call me if you get stuck, 0414.280.280. :blah I talk too much! bye!

vern74 - November 13th, 2004 at 02:17 PM

Hey Guys
Next time I am down that way (hopefully Dubs by the Pub) I will looks you up and say hello.

matt_c - January 7th, 2005 at 11:30 PM

sunshine coasters unite!!!
Flaxton here

Anthiron - January 7th, 2005 at 11:33 PM

caloundra:cool:

hope u are all going to dubs by the pub!!!!

matt_c - January 9th, 2005 at 03:58 PM

i hope so...dont think `ill have the bus on the road by then though...cant seem to decide on the seat belts i want....would really like to turn up in a vw , wouldn`t feel right in anything else

Anthiron - January 9th, 2005 at 04:37 PM

there are still some retractable inertia seat belts with all fittings in the kombi camper im selling bits out of. check the buying selling and swapping section.

matt_c - January 9th, 2005 at 07:02 PM

thanks Anthiron but going new for the belts.....wouldn`t be here if it wasn`t for one :)

Anthiron - January 9th, 2005 at 10:05 PM

thats cool man just thought id let u know.

matt_c - January 9th, 2005 at 11:11 PM

cool...next time your coming for a cruze to montville on a weekend give me a yell, i own a cafe so cuppa`s dont cost me much ;)

Anthiron - January 10th, 2005 at 12:30 AM

i was in montville on thursday looking at a beetle ute for sale up there. its a bit far gone though.

matt_c - January 10th, 2005 at 05:50 AM

i pass that every day onthe way to work....it looks like its been sitting someware else for ages? what was it `s story?

field - June 1st, 2005 at 05:36 PM

G'day fellas,just read these post as i'm just getting back into
the vee dub scene.I'm from Bribie and about to own a 76 bay
i had to sell my pride & joy a few years back so i'm just trying to catch a up.Might see u guys soon because i surf up that way if my boat is not broken and i can't get to Moreton island

take it easy:thumb.
field

dubbill - August 9th, 2005 at 12:42 PM

gday fellas bill here looks like a nice crew cab matt was that from glasshouse a while back sold with a single cab???? i knew the bus when it was og sky blue hope its going well for ya ill have to drop in n have a coffee (live on the stuff)where is the coffee shop maybee we could all meet up there i also have a crew cab 77 n just sold my single cab:sniffle:but tis all good cause the missis let me buy a manx :yes:
have to catch up dunebuggy (stuart) n check out this w'shop i head down to caloundra often
i can be contacted on 0407161773 n feel free to give us a hollar if you need a hand or just want to talk vw/other
cheers see yas round n dont forget to wave to fellow vw'snn[ Edited on 9-8-2005 by dubbill ]

matt_c - August 9th, 2005 at 06:13 PM

yeah that was the one bill, couldnt pass it up. and as for coffee shops......"shali`s cafe in montville" is ours and i`m usually there early on sat mornings from 7.30 for an hour or 2, i`d love to see the bus mate.

Anthiron - August 10th, 2005 at 12:33 AM

im actually heading to montville tomorrow. and i just caught ur question on the baja ute.

it has been in a front on smash......everything is bent.......i dont think there was a straight panel on the car.......about all u could use were the seats, steering wheel, wheels, engine and gearbox. everything else was broken or rusted straight thru.......i dont think ive ever seen a bug that badly rusted.

Nick

matt_c - August 10th, 2005 at 06:15 AM

its still there, but now its been pushed behind a tree :(, oh well rip
matt

ps by the way.....look at the date i posted that question!

Anthiron - August 10th, 2005 at 04:19 PM

lol yeah i saw that.....thought id answer now anyway. better late than never :P

type3er - May 31st, 2006 at 09:02 PM

Hi Folks,

Just to introduce myself as a Type 3 owner on the Sunshine Coast. If anyone is up this way drop into Pomona and visit the Mountain Stop Cafe' for coffee and a yarn. I am the owner of the cafe' and you will see my white T3 wagon parked outside most days.

Pomona is just off the Bruce Highway, 10 klm North of Cooroy.

Terry

TomEichmann - July 17th, 2006 at 04:19 PM

Im Tom,
i drive 1979 type II kombi
I just got my liscence 6 months ago so i dont know much a bout VW's but if you break down or something and want a hand feel free to give me a yell 0411131936

frog - July 17th, 2006 at 09:54 PM

Hey t3er,I have been going past your wagen for years with the bumper over-riders and say to myself that is a fine example of a T3 I must stop to have a look as I deliver goods to pomona sometimes on my way back from gympie before going home to caloundra.
I will stop next time.

Anthiron - July 18th, 2006 at 10:57 AM

bit of thread-o-mancy

hey dune buggy you live within an arms reach of my place.

dont spose u own the blue and white jns (i think) that i saw attached to the back of a camper outside torque gas yesterday arvo?

doc5avage - August 18th, 2006 at 06:16 PM

I'm sunshine coast too and willing to help!

ancientbugger - December 24th, 2006 at 04:54 PM

I can't believe I haven't posted on this yet!! I'm at Tinbeerwah- just between Tewantin and Cooroy. If you're up the beach or down in Noosa just give me a bell. I've got tools,beer, shed,beer, barbecue and beer!! 5449 1031
BARRY

littleozzybloke - September 11th, 2007 at 08:31 PM

G'day all, LittleOzzyBloke from Caboolture, sunshine Coast this way....anyone needs help..buzz me, I'll come out and save ya..and if i can't..we'll find someone that will..

Or maybe you just want to get away for a couple of days, We take in kombi campers, with full use of facilities, (disabled access and toilet/bathroom) Barbecue, TV, Internet access, an undercover semi closed-in patio, comfortable seating, relaxed atmosphere, all at a low low price..beats any caravan park..

Pets also welcome..:spin: as long as it's not an elephant..

dinkumdubber@littleozzybloke.com

The Brewmaster - April 15th, 2008 at 09:51 PM

Hi Guys
Brewmaster from Caloundra here. A few vehicles I know of, but thought I had better post something up on AVD'ers.

We have at home a 72 Beetle (Vera), 73 Surf Bus (Otis)and a 74 SC Ute (Wilfred).

At a mate's place we have a 75 rusty Donor Bus, a 76 SC Ute future project and a 79 Double Slider.

Cheers
Brett

axlepressbutton - October 19th, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Can't believe I haven't spotted this Thread before.
I'm in Bli Bli, have a 61 bug daily driver and a couple of projects I'm always happy to talk about.
If you're ever passing Bli Bli castle, you're almost at my front door so swing in for a beer.
Stuart 0415 830002

zeuspig - November 5th, 2008 at 08:22 PM

There looks like a few on the Coast which is great.

Been here for a year and a hlaf, just moved to Mooloolaba.

Have a 56 bus almost done and a 58 DD Panel (No running gear)!!

Always up for a beer or 6.

Ulster - February 9th, 2009 at 03:35 PM

Hi! folks I live here in Rosemount have just bought a Baja kit, looking for a good bug to fit it to. Any help from the experts would be much appreacated.