Board Logo

bring back the bug
16bambam - January 25th, 2009 at 11:51 AM

my bug retired with a croak engine about 3 years ago. it was rebuilt by conti. who in return offered to rebuild it again for a measly $2500 with no warrenty of cause. anyway i got him to pack it up and i got it towed back home after i paid him a cost of $600...now after 3 years i want my baby back. to do this i would like to buy a running 1600 engine. i was thinking of going for a brand new engine if i get my money back from the lemons i brought.and when i do i would love to buy a new engine. i had a mechanic give my a quick quote of putting the engine back in and attaching it to a full auto gearbox, this is how the car came to me years back. anyway he said " yeah about 5 hours work around $1000. wow thats $100 an hour. so now i have come to the conclusion as i had put int the first engine last time with my daughters help but this time they refuse to help me as i get a little frustrated with them. i would be prepared to pay someone to help me put it together, i just need a little man power. and if you know of anyone that can do some little rust repairs that can come to my house,could you pls . let me know. im planning on painting my bug myself im pretty passionate to see bam bam back on the road and her him speak again. anyway hope this gets to you bfn

Gibbo - January 25th, 2009 at 02:18 PM

Hey Mate, You would stand a better chance of help if you told people where you are :)

Cheers!

pod - January 25th, 2009 at 03:21 PM

a full auto box in a beetle???? maybe semi-auto as a full auto is a lot of work:crazy:

barls - January 25th, 2009 at 04:07 PM

theres only one auto bug i know of and its in adelaide. i know it took more than 5 hrs to install.