Board Logo

QLD Esk/Ipswith/Toowoomba/Brisbane - Door hinge pin puller
tinman - July 11th, 2009 at 07:06 PM

Hoping someone can help out my father (Steve) ASAP as he needs someone with a door hinge puller to get out two door hinge pins.

He lives in Esk (between Ipswitch &Toowoomba) and is willing to drive anywhere from Brisbane to Toowoomba for assistance. Will pay someone for their time.

The beetle needs to be ready ASAP as it's a suprise restoration for my sister who's heading up to Esk in the next few days.
We need to drive the beetle back to Sydney on Fri 17th so the pins need to come out before the 17th.

Can't heat the doors up as it's been sprayed.
His last resort is to drill the pins out and put in oversized pins.

Please call Steve on 0419 258 438 anytime.

bushed - July 11th, 2009 at 08:34 PM

steve contact steve (REXY) at Caboolture
check the site for his nr he may know he is also dubber and panelbeater and has all models incl porsche 356
or text me if no luck and i will try
then there is Matt Berry in Cooroy (matberry) on avd
knows his stuff

bushed - July 11th, 2009 at 08:37 PM

matts nr is Ph 0408 704 662

bushed - July 11th, 2009 at 08:43 PM

rexy's is 0409475131

tinman - July 13th, 2009 at 08:07 AM

Thanks for the numbers guys. I've passed these onto my father.
He got the beetle checked out on Sat and it's looking good. His just got to get a wheel alignment and away he goes.
I'll post some pics of the build in the next week or so.

70 Jafa - February 28th, 2013 at 01:22 PM

Sorry to reopen an old thread, but anyone know where I can get the top hinge pin replaced on the driver's door of my 1970 Beetle without damaging the paint. I know Roger at Southside borrowed a HD tool last year, but he has given it back and can not locate the owner. I am happy to pay someone to do it, or attempt it myself if I can borrow/rent the tool.

PS I am in Cleveland if that makes a difference, I am prepared to travel within Brisbane/Gold Coast area.