Board Logo

type 3 notch problems - help pls
abandpops - February 5th, 2011 at 06:55 PM

Hi all, hope this finds everyone well.

My partner and I own a 1972 auto notch and have had the misfortune of breaking down this weekend in Acacia Ridge on Brisbane's south side. We are in need of (i think from what I can see in the engine bay) a replacement arm that attached to carbie intakes via the accelerator cable. One one the arms in intact but anyone's guess where the other has gone. Alternatively if anyone has experience with these cars and might have an alternative and lives on the south side would be appreciate and can reimburse for time/parts -short of getting towed maybe on Monday.

any assistance/ advice greatly appreciated.

have attached a pic to illustrate - RH arm is showing as horizontal bar in the image...LH missing.

Andy - February 5th, 2011 at 08:29 PM

Bugger,
Have had them fall off before, but never lost one!! So by break down, you just lost power as only one carb was operating?
Are you sure it's not wedged some where in the engine bay? It would be difficult for that linkage to disapear completly.

Anyway, there are a few guy's on here that may have type 3 parts, vwsteve, kombisaint, klaus. Possibly even Mick motors.

I don't have a spare, but if your stuck I have one you can borrow if that helps.

abandpops - February 5th, 2011 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Bugger,
Have had them fall off before, but never lost one!! So by break down, you just lost power as only one carb was operating?
Are you sure it's not wedged some where in the engine bay? It would be difficult for that linkage to disapear completly.

Anyway, there are a few guy's on here that may have type 3 parts, vwsteve, kombisaint, klaus. Possibly even Mick motors.

I don't have a spare, but if your stuck I have one you can borrow if that helps.

Hey andy, thanks for your reply...yes...lost power as above. Where are you located...would be very grateful (beer exchange) for loan of this part so that I can move from downtown acacia ridge...and return to you...am on 0431943070...Ill try the other contacts or maybe in parts to see if anyone has or contact Mick on Monday...

Thanks Again!

Heath Aka abandpops

1970 fasty - February 6th, 2012 at 09:26 PM

hey heath, did you get another linkage? i have a set on a 71 fasty (auto) that i'm wrecking at coopers plains 4108. buzz or text me on 0430204051 if you still have a need for parts. regards John.

vwjon - February 6th, 2012 at 09:54 PM

as a bush mechanic you could use a piece of wire or string, as it only needs to open the carb, a spring pulls the carb closed.