Board Logo

Need help in Penrith
StenGuns - November 16th, 2004 at 08:41 AM

I have stored my damaged 72 Microbus at a smash repairer in Londonderry.. It has been there for a few months as I can't yet afford the full restoration I want to do to it..

My problem is.. the motor (as new reco 1600) is sitting at Indian Automotive and Kimm has just rang and told me to move it..

Can anyone help by picking up and storing a 1600 motor for a couple of months while I get my sh$&t together?

In fact the motor is basically new as I only had the fully reconditioned plant put in about 3 weeks before the bus was damaged.. So, if anyone wants to purchase it, that could be a solution..

Sorry for the inconvenience.. Not a nice phone call from the chief so I feel the need to get it out quickly..

Cheers
Rob

StenGuns - November 16th, 2004 at 06:05 PM

Question has been asked "does a 1600" from a bus fit a beetle?.. I think so but not sure.. Can anyone confirm?..
Rob

silver - November 16th, 2004 at 06:14 PM

Yep fits straight in

StenGuns - November 16th, 2004 at 06:44 PM

Thanks

StenGuns - November 16th, 2004 at 07:37 PM

Hate to do it but if anyone wants a project, I'll part with the 72 Microbus.. It was bloody tidy before it got banged up by a 4x4.. I realistically can't see myself doing anything with it for a while so it might as well be passed on.. Reasonable offers considered..
PS: I'll put in the right forum later..
Rob

Mk1GolfGTI2L-Loon - April 7th, 2005 at 07:58 PM

I`m in camden and get up to Penrith once in a while. I`ll pick up and store your engine if you want. 0423 051737.

byronbus - April 7th, 2005 at 08:11 PM

Warb will do it...