Board Logo

i'm broke need help with oil leak and other stuff
Learner - April 3rd, 2007 at 10:34 PM

hey all. i'm in south eastrn suburbs. bought the 1969 beetle as a project (baja). been adaily driver but just recently it's been "pissing" oil and the first gear gave up after a while. also i need to raise the beetle aswell. i don't have the tools or proper place to do all the work. can someone in the area with knowledge of how to do the work and place help me out? i know nothing about mechanics but this project is my way of learning. been reading abit but it's also more fun and interesting to do it with someone else.

i would have gone to the mechanic but i'm broke. and second i wanted totry doing it myelf with a lil help.

I'm lionel in Victoria (Ormond near caufield)

64vwmark - April 3rd, 2007 at 11:12 PM

I think your best bet would be to pick up a good second hand tranny. Also, if you don't have a Beetle manual already, go down to your local library and loan one from there.

Good luck with it.

Learner - May 9th, 2007 at 05:04 PM

i just need a place to work on i

Learner - May 9th, 2007 at 05:08 PM

all i need is a place where i can work on it and possibly leave it until i'm done. what i need to do is:
replace main seal
change clutch
place a new gearbox.
if anyone can help please let me know.

Learner - May 9th, 2007 at 05:09 PM

replace back window rubber aswell

Craig Torrens - May 9th, 2007 at 06:29 PM

Trams are looking good :thumb

BUGBOY - July 27th, 2007 at 10:18 PM

If you rear main seal is shot, i'd be looking at your end float of you motor.
The crank my have to much movement at that causes seal to chop out.Just repalcing the seal is only going to stop it for a little while.