Board Logo

my beetle
chrissys beetle - December 22nd, 2013 at 07:10 AM

This is my new beetle just off soon to pick her :spin:

chrissys beetle - December 22nd, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Just picked up my new VW , it went like a dream, now for a bit of a clean and tidy.

Yogie - December 22nd, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. What are your plans?

Yogie

chrissys beetle - December 22nd, 2013 at 05:05 PM

Thanx, I plan to restore it to original as much as possible, cut some rust out, replace bumper bars , personalise it a little,put the correct window winders on it, so im looking now, um...the soft roof needs new window ,id like the ivory dash knobs, if anyone knows where to get any, put amp3 in it, just a tidy, as im using it as a daily driver.And decide on a name :) ....... hmmmm. Any help appreciated.

Robo - December 23rd, 2013 at 07:37 AM

Nice Beetle
Welcome to the addiction :D

68AutoBug - December 23rd, 2013 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chrissys beetle
Thanx, I plan to restore it to original as much as possible, cut some rust out, replace bumper bars , personalise it a little,put the correct window winders on it, so im looking now, um...the soft roof needs new window ,id like the ivory dash knobs, if anyone knows where to get any, put amp3 in it, just a tidy, as im using it as a daily driver.And decide on a name :) ....... hmmmm. Any help appreciated.

Welcome to the world of VW owners..
You can paint the bumpers if they are straight but rusted..
they need to be rubbed back and undercoated and then painted
spray can paint is OK.. even until You get another bumper..

New German bumpers are very expensive..
You can get Brasillian or Chinese made bumpers which rust very fast.. although I have a Brasillian rear bumper on My beetle and I wax it with car wax every few weeks and its been on there for about 7 years...

cheers and welcome

Lee

TorxKiwi - December 23rd, 2013 at 09:10 PM

I phoned a company in Geelong the other day out of interest, $330 to rechrome an original bumper. Not sure how that stacks up to others but probably not bad by comparison to a hit and miss chinese one.

MISS VDUB - December 23rd, 2013 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chrissys beetle

Das Resto Parts is a great supplier of VW parts, and if you can't see what you want on their website, don't be afraid to ask as they are extremely helpful!

MISS VDUB - December 24th, 2013 at 09:34 PM

If you are wanting to restore as much to original, I'm almost certain that yours would never have had ivory knobs as it's a later model.