Board Logo

G'day All
Dicko - June 1st, 2015 at 08:07 PM

Hi all

Just a quick hello to the scene. I'm back after 3 years without a beetle and wow the value of beetles has risen! I sold a 58 back in 2012 with BRMs and dropped spindles for $6500, people are now wanting well over 10k for something similar or less collectible.

So I put my hand in my pocket and brought a 1500 70 with a few mods, currently getting some work done for RWC ( but still too low I think) Good to be back behind the wheel.

I split my time between SA and Vic, I'll be taking the 70 to SA in a couple of months with wife and 2 kids, gonna be fun,

Cheers,

Dicko

Bizarre - June 1st, 2015 at 09:18 PM

Glad you are back behind the wheel :tu:

Count yourself lucky you aint into kombi's
Prices there are almost a stoopid as Sydney real estate prices

adlbeetle66 - June 2nd, 2015 at 06:56 AM

Welcome!

Always a nice feeling to be back behind the wheel of a VW after some time :D.

Dicko - June 2nd, 2015 at 01:36 PM

Cheers guys! I'm into Kombis too but I'm thinking I'll look for a T3 for a camper conversion at some point.

See you around the forums.

wombatventures - June 4th, 2015 at 06:53 PM

Welcome Dicko.
Put up a pic or two for us to drool over.
Even one of your old 58.

Dicko - June 19th, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Here's a pic of the new 70. Pics of the 58 are on a comp in SA, I'll post when there.

Not a great deal in the end as I had to spend $1500 to get it through roadworthy and when the mechanic checked he said the trans had no oil in it! So maybe looking for new trans soon.

It has the cookie cutters, dropped spindles, front disks, narrowed beam with adjusters. Inside is rough as well as paint but solid body. Work in progress!