Board Logo

Hours required for replacing 1 floorpan & A pillar
benny_acko - March 25th, 2014 at 01:01 PM

Hi all,
I am currently researching the cost involved in replacing my RH floorpan and lower A pillar on my '67 Beetle. I had previously had some rust work completed on the inner wheel arch on the LH side however this was all hand formed and therefore many more 'man hours' than I originally expected (double). I know what the $/hr cost is.

I would rather be able to afford to eat this time around so planning a budget is required...

My plan was purchasing a Wolfberg West a replacement A pillar and RH floorpan myself. My question is: does anyone have a rough idea on the hours involved in each of these so I can get a guide on a rough budget? I understand that you won't know the extent until you start digging but a guide would be helpful.

I might be able to do the floor pan myself but A pillar highly doubtful..

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

Governor - March 25th, 2014 at 03:00 PM

Get the A pillar replacement from Hookys Panels in the UK, great quality ant correct thickness.
Took me a couple of hours to cut the old out and weld in the new one

benny_acko - March 25th, 2014 at 03:46 PM

Thanks Governor. I'll look into it. Did you do that with the body on or off?

Governor - March 25th, 2014 at 05:10 PM

Body on, easy job.
Hooky even sells a metal template so you dont need to keep fitting the door, to check youve got the pillar in the right place. Worth the extra to get one of them.
Beware of the crappy black replacement A pillars, half the thickness of original!!

Look here

http://www.hookyspanelshop.com