Board Logo

Paint removal by dipping
Whitty - February 17th, 2018 at 10:07 PM

Team,

Got a heap of parts (bonnets, decklids and guards) that i need to get dipped to remove the layers of paint that have been put on over the years. Don't want to root around stripping by hand and don't want to blast so dipping seems the best option. Does anyone have a lead for somewhere in Qld that does this?? I'm in CQ but will travel.

Whitty

Whitty - February 18th, 2018 at 06:07 PM

Please don't make me have to ask this on Facebook.............

coletrickle - February 18th, 2018 at 07:51 PM

Paint away or maybe strip away? Were at archerfeild. They used to send all the recycled stripped paint to a industrial paint manufacter at towoomba that does the speckle hammertone type paints. It was a very green process developed here. Sorry thats all i got.

vw54 - February 18th, 2018 at 08:10 PM

Please don't make me have to ask this on Facebook.............

If you did that you would get 100 different conflicting answers, I wouldn't bother

there Is a place in Sydney at Blacktown Redistrip but whenever you qet a quote it always seems to double
BUT THEY DO GET THE PAINT OFF bit far from CQ

the Tanks are big enough to fit a Kombi into them and they apply a phosphate finish to stop surface rust

85 velle - August 23rd, 2018 at 02:34 PM

I know a few people who have had their cars done by Redistrip....not for a few years now but I presume it's still run by the same people.
They were more than happy with the work and one had the work done more than 10 years ago with no issues of rust coming through in hard to reach box sections