Board Logo

1971 Beetle purple name?
1303Steve - October 19th, 2004 at 11:13 PM

Hi

Does anyone remeber the name of the purple that came on 71 bugs. Minis had a similar colour. Might have been plum loco, cant remeber.

Steve

Freddie Fender - October 20th, 2004 at 06:26 AM

The Mini colour was called "Peel Me a Grape", the orange was called "Home on the Orange", the Lime green was called "Hairy Lime Green".

vw54 - October 20th, 2004 at 06:50 AM

I have it at home its called royal glow or similar ??

I have it on a paint chip

vw54 - October 21st, 2004 at 07:23 PM

yep just checked it is called Royal Glow...

dont know what that has to do with the colour purple ???

:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke

silver - October 21st, 2004 at 08:19 PM

purple was the hardest colour to produce in the middle ages and therefore the most expensive. It was only really available to royalty, who could afford it and thus help display their wealth to others.

reverend - October 21st, 2004 at 08:30 PM

you learn something new every day :cool:

supercab - October 22nd, 2004 at 01:55 PM

Steve

I owned a 1302 this colour for a while. Beware - a dashboard this colour takes a bit of getting used to first thing in the morning, every morning!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1303Steve - October 22nd, 2004 at 02:58 PM

Hi

Im just thinking about colours for my new car, Im pretty set on Viper Green metalic, a Golf colour, but I'm just brousing for maybe something better.

Steve

reverend - October 22nd, 2004 at 04:39 PM

are you restricting yourself to VW colours?

1303Steve - October 23rd, 2004 at 05:11 PM

Hi

Im not stuck on VW colours, I have always like the Viper Green metalic when it was new on Mk 1 Golfs, just keeping my options open. My last car was yellow tinter, so I want something to stand out again. I like the phantom purple on the new Falcons, but when the car drives away they just look like they are black or dark blue. I want something thats a real knockout colour, Dave (54vw) beat me to orange and another guy has used the yellow (acid or citrus its called) on the new falcons on a really cool German Looker that Vintage have built

Steve

JeepDraw - December 2nd, 2004 at 03:28 PM

I'm doing my '69 up in Ford Monza Red, really hot colour that is.

How about that electric-blue sorta colour on the XR's?
Or that mica blue on the new monaros?

nbturbo - December 4th, 2004 at 11:49 AM

Acid Rush-beautiful colour.Seriously thought about doing mine in it.Does any one have pics of it? going to stay with yellow.