Board Logo

painting trolley
glider69 - December 2nd, 2005 at 09:58 PM

Today i made a trolley to paint my oval. It was all made from scrap i had lying around and the most expensive part was the wheels

What do you think?

Rob

glider69 - December 2nd, 2005 at 09:59 PM

glider69 - December 2nd, 2005 at 10:00 PM

oval TOFU - December 3rd, 2005 at 05:53 PM

nice work - got all that scrap from hard rubbish shopping? ;) So the body just sits on it does it?

glider69 - December 3rd, 2005 at 07:40 PM

yep sure does will put pics of body on it, the way i made it you have access to all parts with no obstructions and good height to do work at

rob

glider69 - December 3rd, 2005 at 07:48 PM

Dasdubber - December 7th, 2005 at 12:03 PM

Sweet as - any trouble getting to the roof to work on it?

Its a great idea to not obstruct the heater channels like my trolley did - meant I had to paint them after the rest of the body. Nice work!

HGFS - December 11th, 2005 at 05:23 PM

looks wicked, just what I've been wanting to make. aside from just working on the car, I'll need to move it around a bit soon when i build the bigger shed i just picked up. got any closeups of the body attachment points?? Dimensions too much to ask??

glider69 - December 12th, 2005 at 08:45 PM

will put up sketch with dimensions when i find the ciggarette packet i drew it on it just sits in the mounting screw holes fronts are m12's so i turned them down to 9.5 and rears are m8's and iturned them down to 6mm to fit straight in when i put the body on we were out by half a mm so i got the 4llb gentle persuader and gave it a tap and she sat in beautifully and its rigid THe plan is to lower it when ready to paint as my painter is a little maltese falcon and he doesnt want to put scaffolding in his boothto paint it

1303Steve - December 12th, 2005 at 10:02 PM

Hi

That looks great, I might visit woolies to get wheels for my trolley. Painters usually have problems bending over to paint cars, they should have no problems with that setup.

Steve