Board Logo

damn rust arrrgggggggggggh
DIY-DUB - December 5th, 2005 at 08:44 AM

i thought id found all the cancer in my bug, until last night, found a strange patch that was undetectible untill the paint was taken off, go bettery side, further rearward to the mounting bolts, next to the raised pipe like section on the body, to the left of that, looking rearwards there was a small rust hole/flakey metal with a shirtload of dirt underneath, was fun to hit with the wire brush when it wasnt expected, anyways cant find where the dirt came from and this was undetectable until i took the paint off and got showered with dirt, is this spot common? and any suggestion on how this dirt got in such a small space with no visable openings?

helbus - December 5th, 2005 at 08:53 AM

Pics?

DIY-DUB - December 5th, 2005 at 08:58 AM

sry HB, no cam, its painful explaining without pics i know, believe me life ould be easier with one, but nope, its gunna be a mig welder or pool table, i chose mig welder so im on a rust / bog finding mission now, this is one patch i didnt already know about however

DIY-DUB - December 5th, 2005 at 09:00 AM

hey HB, are you the ehlimo dude? sweeet ride man, got a story on it in a mag i have, looked gr8:smilegrin:

helbus - December 5th, 2005 at 09:04 AM

That's my handiwork alright. Thanks for the compliment

DIY-DUB - December 5th, 2005 at 09:13 AM

noice, seen it on the cover or inside any ya right, it looks like it could of came from the factory liek that, loved it, make a pimpin kombi limo 2:D, maybe a splitty panel with 23/21 windo skylights, deep purple paint, gold plated delux trim, bumpers, mirrors, wire wheels... mmmmmmmmmmm pimpin in style