Board Logo

73 bus BOG???
Iwish4aSynchro - October 18th, 2006 at 09:46 PM

Hi all i am now among the aircooled, i kinda figure if u dont do one then you dont really understand VW's.(89mod caravelle gl usuall car) Anyway's i was asking the question of bog.
Question: Did any of the type2 panelvans 73 in particular have bog fitted at factory OEM style as i have heard of this being done on other dubs elsewhere?
The old girl has been done once before but the bog appeared to be under original primer, on drivers door. Or am i more than likely finding someones else's work (previous respray)?

[ Edited on 18-10-2006 by Iwish4aSynchro ]

crewcabconnection - October 18th, 2006 at 10:34 PM

Bog? new? Nooo, all steel. T3s are zinc dipped or something, hense their ability not to rust. Bays ... should still be STEEL.

The only bog you should accept is the stuff thats in the high fill before final paint. Buses should be steel.

helbus - October 18th, 2006 at 10:42 PM

If you want my professional opinion? I don't think it would be very likely to be original OEM.

However. It is not uncommon for vehicles to have some repairs post assembly line/ factory and before they are sold as a new car. Not saying it is common, but it is not uncommon. I have worked in two panel shops that have specifically done work for car companies BEFORE the vehicle gets to the dealer.

killakornkobb - October 24th, 2006 at 11:09 PM

i currently work for a prestiege repairer.. and have personally worked on a BRAND NEW X5 prior to it being purchased, and we put a new roof on it.

so even when you buy a brand new car, you could be buying anything:)