Board Logo

Convert your super or l bug
subibaja - December 7th, 2012 at 07:41 AM

Worth a look
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1365562 

1303Steve - December 7th, 2012 at 08:05 AM

And why would you want to take away the part that makes them better than other bugs, oh I know its about the look not the function

vw54 - December 7th, 2012 at 09:58 AM

WOW at last someone has made a decent accessory for a strut bug

keep up the good work

u too can now drive a Porsche tractor

SebastienPeek - December 7th, 2012 at 10:24 AM

This makes me a little sad.

This is for those that want form over function, not those that want an incredible driving experience.
I wouldn't swap my struts for anything, I reckon Zelda handles better than my Mum's new Focus, she points lovely and can definitely hold her ground when cornering through the hills.

matberry - December 7th, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SebastienPeek
I reckon Zelda handles better than my Mum's new Focus, she points lovely and can definitely hold her ground when cornering through the hills.

Yeah, but any quality bug would.....

Interesting mod, not for me.

13bwagon - December 7th, 2012 at 12:23 PM

if you want a beam bug buy one !!!!

bajachris88 - December 7th, 2012 at 01:53 PM

Geez all you bloody beam-hating, strut-gropers lol. Surely an awesome solution to reach offroad supremacy for the cheap ol' strut superbug specially considering how much it costs nower days for a beam style dub (that isn't a rust bucket) to use as a base for a baja (as opposed to the price of a superbug).

How many times have threads appeared on here about people asking in regards to feasibility of making a decent baja out of a super bug? this is their solution :tu:

Joel - December 7th, 2012 at 02:08 PM

An engineer would laugh at you if you tried to get one of those crudely made things certified in Aus and those volksrod beam extenders....:crazy:

You can slam both statically and bagged a Super with the stock front end if you know what your doing and still end up with a decent ride quality.

So many people trying to reinvent the wheel.

SebastienPeek - December 7th, 2012 at 02:49 PM

Yep, if only people knew where to look.
Could easily have put Zelda on bags, I just think a static ride is a superior quality ride (others may say different, I know a lot of Subbies on bags that are racing actually), that and bags are for groceries.

I guess we do need innovation, but I would much prefer to see it in the upgrading of performance, handling etc etc rather then on getting your beetle the lowest.

vwo60 - December 7th, 2012 at 05:28 PM

I hope it's for a link pin front end

1303Steve - December 7th, 2012 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vwo60
I hope it's for a link pin front end

lol that way you could run drum brakes as well and even put swing axles in it to have the complete package and then convert to 6 volt to top it off

Joel - December 7th, 2012 at 06:00 PM

Don't forget stale air heaters and single speed wipers for that full agricultural experience.

STIDUB - December 7th, 2012 at 06:04 PM

Now now, don't have Internet wars with the Amish variety of dubbers that ignore newer technology :D

vwo60 - December 8th, 2012 at 07:37 AM

Then you would be half way to owning a classic:lol:

vw54 - December 10th, 2012 at 04:28 PM

Yes you could make that claim of owning a CLASSIC

vlad01 - December 10th, 2012 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SebastienPeek
This makes me a little sad.

This is for those that want form over function, not those that want an incredible driving experience.
I wouldn't swap my struts for anything, I reckon Zelda handles better than my Mum's new Focus, she points lovely and can definitely hold her ground when cornering through the hills.

1+ McPherson struts rule. I love that type of front end more than any other.