Board Logo

csp wide5 disk brakes?
nils - December 19th, 2012 at 04:56 AM

I'm interested, who is running these? Got a recommended supplier? Do they change your track at all? How heavy are they? how easy where they to engineer? They still look as though they have adapters

sander288 - December 19th, 2012 at 09:19 AM

Talk to Vintage or Das Resto Parts.

Both these suppliers are importers of the product and can advise the above.

I believe the brakes are TUV approved which should make it easy to approve

Governor - December 19th, 2012 at 10:48 AM

TUV means nothing to engineers over here

nils - December 19th, 2012 at 03:30 PM

Thats exactly my point, i have spoken to both these vendors and TUV aproved and the $4000 price tag sounds impressive. but has anyone actually got them approved and on there car?

vwo60 - December 19th, 2012 at 07:02 PM

Is that for both sets, back and front, $4000. that would be resonable, for that type of money they should be engineered ready to be fitted to your car, so it is a simple process to get them approved on your car when you fit them.

nils - December 19th, 2012 at 07:44 PM

yeah mate, front, rear, master cylinder to suit and all the bits attached. Think you might need wheel nuts?
Its ball park, not to concerned with the dollars and cents of it at the moment

vwo60 - December 20th, 2012 at 08:07 AM

Before making the purchase of the set, the reseller should be able to tell you the engineer that has certified the other ones that he has sold fitted to cars, if it has not been engineered i would consalt a automotive engineer to get his opinion about the engineering of the fore said brakes, no good buying a set up like that if you cannot run them legally on your car.

nils - December 20th, 2012 at 07:47 PM

So .. .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

nobody?

vwo60 - December 21st, 2012 at 07:28 AM

you will have to check with a good engineer yourself to see if they can be engineered.

Governor - December 21st, 2012 at 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vwo60
Before making the purchase of the set, the reseller should be able to tell you the engineer that has certified the other ones that he has sold fitted to cars, if it has not been engineered i would consalt a automotive engineer to get his opinion about the engineering of the fore said brakes, no good buying a set up like that if you cannot run them legally on your car.

What he said.
The retailers must know which engineer has passed them, dont forget it all varies State to State?
If the retailer wants to sell them they must help by letting you know which engineer to talk to.
Mind you I believe the rules have recently been changed so what has been allowed in the past might not get passed now?

vwo60 - December 21st, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Why do people that sell this caliber of gear expect the purchaser to get them engineered, you would think that they would get them approved and then send you to the engineer to inspect them and issue the paper work.