Board Logo

weird rego rules
grogy - March 6th, 2015 at 05:18 PM

Hi. If Kghia was previously rego in Victoria years ago and want to rego in qld can I take old vic rego papers to main roads .but car has different motor than before originally 1200 now 1600 is there any issues. Thanks greg

grumble - March 6th, 2015 at 07:48 PM

You may find that the engine upsize is outside the guidelines and have to upgrade brakes,wipers etc. Check with the QLD transport department.

vwo60 - March 6th, 2015 at 08:55 PM

You will need a road worthy certificate, the garage that would do the roadworthy probably would not pick up on the fact it does require a disc brake conversion, probably two speed wipers as well, does it have a heater, these things could be required

helbus - March 6th, 2015 at 09:24 PM

You dont need a heater, you need a fan forced fresh air demister. You have to read the guidlines correctley.

vlad01 - March 7th, 2015 at 06:30 PM

what does wipers have to do with engine size?

helbus - March 7th, 2015 at 06:46 PM

Check the VSB 14 (Vehicle Service Bulletin) It has guidelines to show what is required of a modified vehicle based on engine size upgrade. Two speed wipers, fresh air demister, Dual circuit brakes with warning light, tagged ADR seatbelts, etched ADR window glass, and some other items are checked and required for engineering certificate. It depends on the year of manufacture of the vehicle, and the extent of the modifications. In Victoria it is called the VASS.

AA003 - March 7th, 2015 at 08:18 PM

Would they know what size a KG engine was?