Board Logo

new to this scene
splitpersonality - September 23rd, 2003 at 10:45 PM

have a splittie with later model 1600 fitted , am looking at getting rid of the original gearbox and reduction gearing..... what would be a suitable donor?? bus has rear swing arm suspension . any help greatly appreciated:beer

twoguns - September 23rd, 2003 at 10:59 PM

where are ya at.
if youre in sydney, make a trip out to custom bugs and buses in penrith and talk to mike. he will give you no nonsense straight up honest advice and bits if you want to do it yourself, or he can do a great professional job for you. he did mine.

helbus - September 23rd, 2003 at 11:05 PM

Welcome to the forum splitpersonality. Hope you enjoy it, and I like the name. :cool:

splitpersonality - September 24th, 2003 at 05:37 PM

thanks for the info twoguns, i am on the south coast at kiama am planning to tackle the transplant with a couple of mates and a couple of beers......and a couple more beers

twoguns - September 24th, 2003 at 06:50 PM

shane with his single cab is in woolloongong. he had all that we have and probably what you want done at CBB. you could talk to mike and get in contact with him maybe. might be able to assist.

Boozer - September 24th, 2003 at 08:29 PM

Welcome!:cool::thumb

Black_math - October 1st, 2003 at 09:03 PM

Once you have joined us you can never go back:cool: welcome and enjoy your stay:D

Robo - October 1st, 2003 at 09:05 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Hope your as fanatical as the rest of us, if so you will fit right in.
Rob.......

Black_math - October 1st, 2003 at 09:10 PM

Hey were like the stonecutters.......uh freemasons:D:P yeah thats them:P

kombi_kid - October 4th, 2003 at 12:05 PM

ur best bet is to use a rear end setup out of a type 3 (pre69) only a few mods needed and its just a straight axle conversion not very costly at all (be warned it drops ur bus 3 inchs instantly)
cheers
rhys