Board Logo

to heater or not to heater...
Jacko - May 31st, 2012 at 08:53 PM

Hello all the vw folk.

I am restoring an old eureka kit car and theres no heater and a modified exhaust with no heat collectors. Its a 1800 kombi donk

Has anyone out there got some cool ideas on how to get my cabin warm and collect all that engine heat?
ps no baked bean jokes please....
thanks all . brrrrr

barls - May 31st, 2012 at 08:56 PM

its doable. to mod the t4 heater system to fit a t1 body. ive done this on my bug. i shortened the boxes to make them fit.

Jacko - May 31st, 2012 at 09:03 PM

Thanks Barls

type 4 heater boxes..mmm I will check em out .

bajachris88 - May 31st, 2012 at 09:15 PM

if you got money, score a petrol heater. Expensive though, UK ebay might be the go.

Jacko - May 31st, 2012 at 09:19 PM

yes thanks
I saw these eber....things
very pricey and run on diesel
used in motorhomes...
itll heat the eureka and burn out my creditcard!

vwo60 - June 3rd, 2012 at 06:49 AM

You can pick up a factory petrol heater on thesamba, a lot of vw's came with them in Europe and America, cheap to run.

vw54 - June 3rd, 2012 at 09:23 AM

Jacko

If yr in Tassy then do the heater

grumble - June 3rd, 2012 at 07:03 PM

There are also the 12v ceramic heaters on ebay,I don't think they will cook you but it should take the chill off.

68AutoBug - June 3rd, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacko
Hello all the vw folk.

I am restoring an old eureka kit car and theres no heater and a modified exhaust with no heat collectors. Its a 1800 kombi donk

Has anyone out there got some cool ideas on how to get my cabin warm and collect all that engine heat?
ps no baked bean jokes please....
thanks all . brrrrr

Barls seems to know about it...

but I've always a heater in My Beetle and its used a lot during the winter.. I wouldn't be without one..
I did see some new electric heaters for sale in the UK [I think]

but the original type heaters are good, and don't use any extra fuel etc.. free hot air.. lol

Lee