Board Logo

Looking for a wiring diagram 2001 outback
shermer-high - February 6th, 2017 at 11:01 AM

I looking for a wiring diagram for a 2001 outback I keep finding dead links. Also any advise on doing my own harness. I'm just starting to organize what I need for my Subaru swap. Currently I'm running a 1776 type 3 with a 71 bug tranny in my ocolot pickup buggy. I bought a 2001 outback 2.5 sohc 5 speed. My plan is to use the suby 5 speed reversed gear and mounts from Subarugears. I'm using the original harness. I like using as much OEM stuff as I can. Has anyone used the hydraulic clutch master in the beetle pan and pedals? I also want to keep the cruise control. Any links or help would be much appreciated.

mackaymanx - February 6th, 2017 at 11:45 AM

Look here

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?18087-Subaru-Factory-Service-Manuals- (FSM)-Every-Model-USDM-EU

Go for the general market manual, '01, '02, '03 manuals will be similar. For wiring go for the diagram without obd(they mean obd2).

In the '02 manual pages 3540-3547 for the wiring diagram.

Pinouts pages 831-833

Fault codes 877-878

Check for fault codes before taking the engine out so you are not chasing an exsisting fault later. Had a crank angle sensor fail in between being in the donor and being started in my van.

mackaymanx - February 6th, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Bit on cruise control here http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/new-project.52257/ 

For a van but will have the unit that you want to use.

shermer-high - March 1st, 2017 at 10:17 PM

When I download the manual I get pages Wl-3 to Wl-190 for wiring and no option for wit or without OBD. I started tracing and cutting back wires in the rear harness loom keeping only the fuel tank and charcoal canister purge wires. I also started the engine harness with the fan relay box. I'm trying to keep the factory fan relays and wires. The main harness that has engine heating and dash is going to be tough I'm semi confident though. Any help is always appreciated. By the way I live in the USA