Board Logo

Comparing Torque Values and Curves.
type2nut - November 12th, 2003 at 09:05 PM

I have come across plenty of info on Subaru engines (courtesy of the Yahoo Subie - "Vanagon" conversion site) but there are a lot of other possibilities out there eg. all the other VW engines, Audis, Alfa's, F**d, H****n etc. etc.
I thought it would be useful if we had some links or perhaps a dedicated thread where we could post this info. (for those of us still procrastinating over which engine to convert with!).
What do you think?

Andy.

kombi_kid - November 13th, 2003 at 06:55 AM

i think its a great idea.I did have a whole heap of URLS for these things but have lost them all when formating my comp!
cheers
rhys

Baja Wes - November 13th, 2003 at 08:21 AM

Actually I have all that info for just about every jap engine there is. I am going to post it when I get a chance. It's all in the latest zoom magazine which is dedicated to conversions.

type2nut - November 13th, 2003 at 08:25 PM

Zoom magazine?????

Jap engines are a great start Wes, however I would be very interested to see this info for the Golf and T4 Transporter engines.

Andy.

Baja Wes - November 14th, 2003 at 08:10 AM

well stick the info here and then I will put it in an appropriate place. Probably on the end of the info / archive post.

The info I have for the jap motors are;
engine name: KLZE
engine type: 2.5lt 24 valve V6, all alloy, VRIS
max power: 200ps@6500rpm
max torque: 22kgf.m@5500rpm
donor car: 92on jap MX6 (and others)

I will convert all the power and torque ratings to the same units. What units do you reckon we use? Good old HP and ft.lbfs? Or go modern and use kW and N.m?

tonyg - November 15th, 2003 at 04:49 AM

Wes, stick to ft/lbs, BHP, makes it easy for us OLD blokes

wacked1 - November 15th, 2003 at 12:10 PM

go the old units of measure for sure
:jesus

type2nut - November 16th, 2003 at 09:14 PM

I prefer old money myself but imaybe it would be useful for us to stretch our minds(!!!) and accept either.
At work I have a link to a site that calculates conversions - I'll try and post it tomorrow.

Links for the subject of this post for Subarus :

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/subaruvanagon/files/%20Subaru%20HP%20and%...

Also this is useful. Be aware that this list is for the USA and things may vary here.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sFi3P8fs2KDx-yPsOMH0MjaHjdGpLnhcB6G-2ZFYmbXUckVo...

Andy.