Board Logo

GALVENISING floorpans
Craig Torrens - December 27th, 2003 at 09:09 PM

Anybody done it ?

was it hard/worth it ?

is it expensive, and does the inside of the tunnel also get coated?

I thought it may help if the vehicle was being used on the beach etc
:thumb

Brad - December 27th, 2003 at 09:47 PM

Anybody done it ? - Yep

was it hard/worth it ? - Nope

is it expensive, and does the inside of the tunnel also get coated? - No and yep

Wouldn't waste your time it is a pain in teh ass and takes hours to clean the hoiles and retape the threads.

manx020 on here has his current Manx done

vw54 - December 28th, 2003 at 06:32 AM

Get it blasted and the POR 15 you could run it down inside as well... but you would have to degrease the insides first.

I think this would be cheaper n better

bajaman64 - December 29th, 2003 at 10:19 PM

I looked into this a few years ago. A mate worked at a factory that did gal and told me it wouldnt be worth it. It would also cost a fortune. Like vw54 said, por15 is the go, after you acid dip the pan. Acid dipping gets into absolutely everywhere including the tunnel. When you have finished with por15, spray a product called Lanotec ( made in Qld from sheep ) inside the tunnel. This helps with corrosion. it is similar to using fish oil only it dont smell as bad and work 100 times longer and better. I sprayed it on a sand blasted shell 18 months ago and left it outside with only a small tarp to cover the windows. NO RUST YET.

Cheers Todd :jesus

Craig Torrens - December 30th, 2003 at 09:30 PM

thanks to all :thumb

Just making sure before I have the pan shortened and painted !

How do you remove the lanotec ? thinners ?

vw54 - December 30th, 2003 at 09:46 PM

Quote:

a product called Lanotec ( made in Qld from sheep ) inside the tunnel

1 of the BEST product you will ever come across... I discovered it about 18months ago

ITS BLOOODY GREAT