Board Logo

speakers in manx
ducky - April 18th, 2004 at 09:23 PM

Okay any suggestions where to put stereo speakers in my manx. Had thought up under the dash outta sight of theives, but if I do how will I mount them????

manxed69 - April 18th, 2004 at 09:43 PM

Can you hear your radio etc when your driving???? My exhaust is to loud to bother with mounting any speakers.

:P

ducky - April 18th, 2004 at 10:02 PM

Thats what I've been told but thought it was a bull story, more for picnics, camping tunes etc

modulus - April 18th, 2004 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ducky
Thats what I've been told but thought it was a bull story, more for picnics, camping tunes etc

Ahh, then buy a Ukulele instead. Ukuleles are ideal for camp tunes , will fit easily in a Manx and, as well as being w-a-a-a-y-y-y k-e-w-l-e-r than speakers, are a much better conversation starter.

Ukulele! The perfect Manx accessory! Even got a nice Hawaian name! Often misspelt! There, i've said my piece!

hth

Anthiron - April 18th, 2004 at 10:34 PM

ha ha ha ha.......just get a low budget head unit with detachable face and get some 6inch speakers and try to mount them some where out of theweather and out of site. doesnt have to be anything special just somethine to pump out the tunes

Andy42 - April 19th, 2004 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthiron
try to mount them some where out of theweather and out of site. doesnt have to be anything special just somethine to pump out the tunes

Hmmm out of the weather in a Manx????? :) Good luck:thumb I have seen some with the sort or water resistant type used in boats and then just mount them behind ya on the roll bar so you can hear them.

ducky - April 19th, 2004 at 08:03 AM

yeah going for waterproof marine speakers, can get soaking

Mad Manx - April 20th, 2004 at 07:41 PM

:thumb I've settled for an old cassette player that runs on 'C' size batterys:thumb
Its so old the theives dont want it but it does the job:cool: