Board Logo

The boys are playing a little to hard @ Stockton this weekend
OZ Towdster - January 27th, 2008 at 07:59 AM

A few of the buggy boys have taken the annual trip to Stockton this weekend and from the pics so far they are breaking everthing BIG TIME.

Dirtbugger ( AKA Ian )
Rolled his yellow manx end over end destroying the windscreen and headlights .

Dune Limo ( AKA Mike Sharp )
Launched nose first of a 3 metre drop off and sheared a link pin and broke an outer tie rod , plus bent a few things no dought

Pete Wood ( AKA Pete Wood )
Blown a gear box and brocken tie rod

And thats all in just one day

See the full report here http://dunebuggyandbajaadventures.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=417 

11CAB - January 27th, 2008 at 08:05 AM

Yeah its good to hear everyone is ok.

Not bad when you can walk away from this, and then drive the car home.......

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x167/dirtbugger/Flat.jpg

Craig Torrens - January 27th, 2008 at 01:09 PM

carnage............love it !

the weather looks perfect :tu:

ratbug - January 27th, 2008 at 04:44 PM

Just got back from day2. Was very tame compared to yesterday, only drama was a broken steering box. Still, it took a buggy and those to fix it out of action for a few hours until it was tied together with fencing wire, then a new steering box.

VWFREAK - January 27th, 2008 at 06:11 PM

Great stuff guys, keep it up.

Baja Wes - January 27th, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Dirtbugger ( AKA Ian )

Do you think a Baja would have kept going forward back onto it's wheels :)

1916baja - February 4th, 2008 at 05:23 PM

I think so. rolling dynamics.

pete wood - February 8th, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Wes
Quote:
Dirtbugger ( AKA Ian )

Do you think a Baja would have kept going forward back onto it's wheels :)

are you offering yours to try it with? :smirk:

VWCOOL - February 8th, 2008 at 09:47 PM

Don't die, kids! I know of a bloke who did - his best mate (a bloke I work with) and his wife (a nurse) tried to keep him alive for 40 mins while they waited for the ambos after he crushed his throat in a forward roll-over!

Didn't work!

1SlowBeetle - July 10th, 2008 at 08:46 PM

I'm trying to convince the wife that I can fit a nice baja I've fount in the driveway. I don't think I'll show her these photos ;)

LIFE IN THE LOW LANE - July 12th, 2008 at 11:01 AM

there's a fine line between having serious fun and being stupid. I certainly wouldn't launch off a dune if I didn't know what was on the other side. I prefer to familairise myself with the surrounding first before getting serious......

Luckily everyone is ok.

11CAB - July 12th, 2008 at 11:21 AM

There was no launching.......Ian stopped at the top, then drove over at a slow walking pace, he reckoned it went over slow enough for him to almost get out as it went over. Dont know whether the front wheels dug in, but I've driven down a much higher sand dune that was probably steeper than that in the baja bug with no problems.

bajachris88 - July 12th, 2008 at 07:07 PM

My mate was in a buggy roll over... lucky it wasn't messy.

He got his hand caught on the outside though with the ground, as the vehicle continued to move...

Ended up getting what the doctors called a 'degloving'. Where the skin from the hand is ripped off the WHOLE hand just like taking off a glove...

Hes got some serious scars from it too... and his misses has some interesting stories of the blood spittin out...

vwsteve - July 18th, 2008 at 01:07 PM

I bought a baja once, what was left of it after a kid hit a washout at high speed on the beach,it hit a wall of sand head first, he died, the front was a mess.