Board Logo

getting a rat '67 registered in QLD
utter buggery - January 22nd, 2013 at 08:50 PM

Hey guys, i will be moving up to queensland around the middle of the year and seriously dont want to part with my beetle as it's my pride and joy.

I was just wondering how evil it is to get a slammed bug registered in these parts, and if it is actually worth dragging the ol' girl from Tassie or not.

It has no structural rust, only surface rust on the roof, there are no holes anywhere. Obviously it has minor oil leaks, but nothing fatal, other than the ride height I cant see that there should be too much of an issue, but at the same time, im fairly inexperienced with the way it works up there. The car IS registered here, and was pitted 12 months ago, with all the necessary mechanical work carried out then (new bushes, rubbers etc) and has seen little use since then.

Just looking for advice from anyone who has been through the roadworthy processes!

Cheers, Jacob.

kombibob - January 22nd, 2013 at 09:03 PM

Hey,
You may have to fit bumpers but other than that you should have no problems.

utter buggery - January 23rd, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Cheers! is it too low?

phatratpat - January 23rd, 2013 at 11:24 AM

nah !! I have seen lowered regoed:yes:....its not what you know,its who you know !!:smilegrin:

utter buggery - January 23rd, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I know nobody up there! ahah :fakesniff:

kombibob - January 23rd, 2013 at 08:03 PM

where are you moving too?

utter buggery - January 23rd, 2013 at 08:46 PM

sunshine coast

kombibob - January 23rd, 2013 at 09:49 PM

ha ha nice one,
send me a msg when you get it up here and i will help you out with it all.

DubbyFan - January 24th, 2013 at 05:21 AM

Not sure how things are in Tassy, from what I can remember from living in Qld many moons ago, you only get your car inspected at sale and that's it, no yearly inspections, is this still the case?

As apposed to NSW where your car must be inspected to meet road worthy standard every year!

I'm sure they give you a grace period where you can leave it in Tassy rego for a few months. I lived in Sydney for over a year with my Bay window on Qld rego, no worries!

Nice car by the way, love the colour and I really like not so ratty rats!

utter buggery - January 25th, 2013 at 02:46 PM

Cheers Kombibob!

pfillery - February 4th, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Yes still the case, inspection when registering only. You have 6 weeks before you have to change the rego and get a Qld licence, unless you are just visiting.

But please do it legit - don't give everyone a bad name by going with the "not what you know but who" ideal. The safer our roads are for us and our kids the better!

I know roadworthies aren't worth the paper they are printed on but at least get the car looked at, I hate hearing the "they never even looked at the car just wrote it out" stories.

Quote:
Originally posted by DubbyFan
Not sure how things are in Tassy, from what I can remember from living in Qld many moons ago, you only get your car inspected at sale and that's it, no yearly inspections, is this still the case?

As apposed to NSW where your car must be inspected to meet road worthy standard every year!

I'm sure they give you a grace period where you can leave it in Tassy rego for a few months. I lived in Sydney for over a year with my Bay window on Qld rego, no worries!

Nice car by the way, love the colour and I really like not so ratty rats!