Board Logo

8OMB '59 beetle
Stinkbug - October 4th, 2012 at 08:42 PM

i've liked beetles since lennon was one, and went to my first valla this year and i couldn't wait any longer, i had to get my hands on one.. and here it is..

Stinkbug - October 4th, 2012 at 09:16 PM

a big thanks to the guys on the avd forum whom ive met and whovd helped me thus far...im hooked.

Stinkbug - October 4th, 2012 at 09:17 PM

cool man ,i like that song and well used vws ,and i like the idea that my car dosnt have to be restored to show quality to enjoy simple motoring.long live the vw beetle.

lovinbronx - October 8th, 2012 at 04:06 PM

awesome love it!!!!

RODZ - October 8th, 2012 at 07:09 PM

looks good. laying low!

77dual - October 9th, 2012 at 06:57 PM

Nice one mate :yes:

Overkill eng - October 9th, 2012 at 07:32 PM

Looks cool

Stinkbug - October 10th, 2012 at 05:11 PM

thanks fellas. hope to be rolling round se qld in it soon.

Allbones - October 11th, 2012 at 12:02 PM

This turned out nicely! The smoothied with no cap sets it off.

Are you running a narrowd beam? And what height have you got this sitting at?

Stinkbug - October 11th, 2012 at 12:15 PM

no narrowed beam or lowering job yet.just getting ready for rego.this image was photo shopped by a friend,so i could get an idea of what the end product will look like.so far have got it tuned up and running like a clock. painted the rims up ala rattlecan grey and cream.also new 145s on the front and 165 x 80 onthe rear.the only reason its not wearing hubcaps is its got 4.5 inch wide type 3 rims on the back ...so no lugs for type 1 caps.damn it. so thats how it will look .also bought an solid visor from beetle nut james.still looking for a rear venetian.also need to re hook up my semaphores and get rego .then in with the 4 inch beam and drop the rear down.have just secured some ppq plates for its new "title". the 8 bomb.

Stinkbug - October 11th, 2012 at 12:31 PM

is anyone else building a crusty look beetle? would love to see some more pics in this part of the forum. it seems the hoodride style is not really talked about much here on this forum. .come on :tu: dudes. show us your crustbucket

Stinkbug - October 11th, 2012 at 04:51 PM

ill post some more pics of the bomb shortly.thanks for looking:)

66deluxe - October 11th, 2012 at 07:30 PM

Just a crusty karmann ghia.

Stinkbug - October 11th, 2012 at 07:33 PM

love em ! can you show us?

beetle_nut - October 12th, 2012 at 07:56 PM

Dirty ol notch.which you have seen;)

Stinkbug - November 7th, 2012 at 04:15 PM

12v conversion completed today,just waiting on my semaphores.which have been rewound to suit 12v and have led lighting intalled.very close to rego now!:tu:

AndrewB - November 10th, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkbug
,just waiting on my semaphores.which have been rewound to suit 12v and have led lighting intalled.

Tell us more about this :)

Stinkbug - November 10th, 2012 at 12:12 PM

well my sparkie,mal from superior auto elec,said he tried a few things to get them to work.but the eaisiest (prolly not cheapest) and most reliable way ,was to send them to rapid rewind and have them converted to 12 v.i havnt recieved the bill yet ,but reckon it would be between 200 to 250 clams for both. you can buy them new already 12v ,prolly worth looking into.im just too lazy.i like to use what ive already got.also should mention ,semaphores do not flash.so well be also addressing this.so they work first time every time.cause just like a dole bludger,if they dont work,there no good.

Allbones - April 8th, 2013 at 11:38 AM

How's this thing going stink?

Stinkbug - April 8th, 2013 at 05:41 PM

well bones,ive collected a few choice cuts but thats as far as ive got so far.we were in a bad accident and wifey was badly injured on the 24th nov last year that set me back also.and ive been trying to finish the other car by shoveling bucketloads of clams at it.its nearly finished.so rego for the bomb is getting closer hopefully this year.also discovered that my beetle is infact a fiftynine.(well i am new to all this)never the less ,im itching to cruise around and meet some like minded dudes and ladies.hope to meet up at pimpama:tu:

tar76 - April 8th, 2013 at 05:51 PM

It will all be worth it when you trun that key and go for the first cruise!

Looking forward to seeing you cruise in the dub man

beetle_nut - June 30th, 2013 at 11:50 AM

:dork:

karstan - August 12th, 2013 at 11:34 AM

http://www.facebook.com/dakrats  might give you some ideas.

Stinkbug - August 13th, 2013 at 06:30 PM

cool,thanks for sharing man.:tu:

AndrewB - August 19th, 2013 at 01:30 AM

Quote:
well my sparkie,mal from superior auto elec,said he tried a few things to get them to work.but the eaisiest (prolly not cheapest) and most reliable way ,was to send them to rapid rewind and have them converted to 12 v.i havnt recieved the bill yet ,but reckon it would be between 200 to 250 clams for both. you can buy them new already 12v ,prolly worth looking into.im just too lazy.i like to use what ive already got.also should mention ,semaphores do not flash.so well be also addressing this.so they work first time every time.cause just like a dole bludger,if they dont work,there no good.

Whoops, forgot about this haha...
hmm i might rewind mine... iv wound tattoo machine coils and guitar pickups in the past, i shall do some reading on making them 12volt...
Iv seen the 12v ones for sale, id rather stay og and not spend money ofcourse haha....

I found a diagram a while back on the samba for the flashing semaphores mod, whether it works or not, who knows....

wheres the progress on this car??? need to see more slammed bugs!

Stinkbug - September 2nd, 2013 at 09:24 PM

looking to buy a dub 41/2 narrowed beam.anyone happen to have one for sale?:)

Allbones - September 4th, 2013 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
looking to buy a dub 41/2 narrowed beam.anyone happen to have one for sale?:)

I purchased a 4" from Airkewled, spent a little more but was alot less hassle then having to send my steering arms away to DUB etc. With that said, thier shit looks on point, so I cant say "dont buy a DUB beam", I simply chose the other because I'm lazy.

Airkewld, DUB or Skinned Knuckles is another one from Melbourne you can try.

Stinkbug - September 4th, 2013 at 10:10 PM

thanks bud.knuckles does mainly bus beams ,but he said hed sort one for me also.just waiting for a tax return!

squizy - September 5th, 2013 at 04:45 PM

Try captainvw for a beam.

Stinkbug - September 5th, 2013 at 07:27 PM

thanks squiz,im waiting on a quote ....i knew there was somone i was forgetting:tu: