Board Logo

lakeside sprints 7th sept
lou0060 - September 5th, 2013 at 08:59 PM

Well we're on again this Saturday. Lakeside sprints start at 12.30pm.
Had some issues last time so I've changed the thermo state and bled the cooling system. I found that the old thermo state had broken the outer o-ring and it had jammed the valve which explained the temp differentials we were getting between the engine and the radiator.

I also had the car in for a wheel alignment today and had some adjustments made so hoping to improve my times on Saturday.

66deluxe - September 5th, 2013 at 09:27 PM

How much to race and do i need a cams licence. Also what time?

lou0060 - September 6th, 2013 at 05:28 PM

Hi Jim, you can get a day license for $25 or a year for $55. It is run under the AASA not CAMS. You'll need to call them in the morning and see if they have room left but generally it is okay. They run a practice session in the morning which I think is around the $80 mark and you can just rock up to that and pay at the office or can do the sprints in the arvo for $145 early bird or I think $190?? on the day.
I can't make the practice as I have other things on in the morning but should get there by 12.30 or so.

here are pics of my thermostate and filling set-up to get all the air out of the system.

vassy66T1 - September 6th, 2013 at 06:52 PM

Cool Lou. Hope it goes well.
It was Daimo you were replying to ... his alter ego Jim only comes out when he has had a few shandies :lol: