Board Logo

Fabos new circuit bug.
bat69 - November 18th, 2014 at 09:26 AM

Sneek peak at Fabos new circuit / hillclimb bug which he has finally finished. Fabos taking it out today for a test and tune day at Barbargello for its first track outing. IMO I think Fabo has done a top job as I think the car looks PHAT!

This car will be running as a sport sedan so Chris has put a lot of time into attention to detail with this one. I know first hand what spending that little extra time on finishing off a race car can have and I have no doubt he/we will see this thing setting some quick times soon. I have seen the attention to detail in this build and its pretty top notch. Well done and congrates on the project. Now go and enjoy it.

Btw. Love the colour. Old skool race car.

Bizarre - November 18th, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Sweet

Yep - love the colour

cnfabo - November 18th, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Thanks for putting that up Nathan,photo bucket is a pain in the claker on a tablet..

The colouris Laguna seca blue.

She's loaded up and ready for some practice laps at barbagalo this ...arvo

Fabo...

HappyDaze - November 18th, 2014 at 01:04 PM

Crikey, Chris....let's hope it goes as well as it looks. :tu:

How about some details/photos of the engine, suspension, etc. :yes:

Greg

Gracey - November 18th, 2014 at 01:15 PM

Looking good!

Yeah, how about some details.

PAZZAN - November 18th, 2014 at 03:46 PM

love it, brings back some memories:tu::tu::tu::tu:

Craig Torrens - November 18th, 2014 at 04:16 PM

Looks tuff Chris :tu:

colin - November 18th, 2014 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bat69
Sneek peak at Fabos new circuit / hillclimb bug which he has finally finished. Fabos taking it out today for a test and tune day at Barbargello for its first track outing. IMO I think Fabo has done a top job as I think the car looks PHAT!

This car will be running as a sport sedan so Chris has put a lot of time into attention to detail with this one. I know first hand what spending that little extra time on finishing off a race car can have and I have no doubt he/we will see this thing setting some quick times soon. I have seen the attention to detail in this build and its pretty top notch. Well done and congrates on the project. Now go and enjoy it.

Btw. Love the colour. Old skool race car.

I too know how much effort goes into rebuilding a damaged car, it can be a bit disheartening looking at the wreck but when you get your attitude right it,s even better than the first car.
You apply all you have learnt and wish you had done the first time.
Massive pat on the back Chris, car looks awesome! now go have some fun, you earned it.

Cheers Col

cnfabo - November 18th, 2014 at 04:57 PM

Vthanks for all the possitive comments everyone,appreciate it!!!

Fabo...

bat69 - November 18th, 2014 at 06:23 PM

Here is a few photos from underneath. As u can see. Attention to detail.

mactaylor - November 21st, 2014 at 04:38 PM

are they standard guards? They look a bit wide to me? Hence the sports sedan?

bat69 - November 21st, 2014 at 06:11 PM

Yes & No. fibre glass but standard width. Guards width does not make it a sport sedan. the fact the guards, bonnet, boot are glass, windows perspex, metal pulled out of it and some suspension modes make it a sport sedan. My front guards are stock steel and appear just as wide.

cnfabo - November 21st, 2014 at 08:50 PM

Fronts are stock steel and the rears are std width fiberglass..

Fabo..

mactaylor - November 22nd, 2014 at 01:02 AM

car looks awesome! cant wait for some footage!

humpty - November 22nd, 2014 at 02:26 AM

Well done Fabo.... Good to see you get it out there.

Craig Torrens - November 22nd, 2014 at 08:18 AM

Hi Chris, any updates from your testing at Barbagallo ?

Also, is the front beam unpainted ?

Cheers

cnfabo - November 22nd, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Torrens
Hi Chris, any updates from your testing at Barbagallo ? Yeah,it felt really good ,i told myself id take it easy for a bit then my first change into second that all went out the window,ha,foot to the floor....... it sucked in a rocker gasket and spat oil everywhere,threw a belt and my trailing arms moved on my spring plates so I packed up...I didn't notice my alt light come on so I have no idea when the belt came off either,engine was hot but my oil temp sender/gauge didn't work too....so I'm on a mush ATM fixing everything....

Also, is the front beam unpainted ? Clear KBS paint but damn rust has still popped up..

Cheers

Craig Torrens - November 22nd, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cnfabo
Quote:

Cheers

Yeah,it felt really good ,i told myself id take it easy for a bit then my first change into second that all went out the window,ha,foot to the floor....... it sucked in a rocker gasket and spat oil everywhere,threw a belt and my trailing arms moved on my spring plates so I packed up...I didn't notice my alt light come on so I have no idea when the belt came off either,engine was hot but my oil temp sender/gauge didn't work too....so I'm on a mush ATM fixing everything....

Clear KBS paint but damn rust has still popped up..

Bummer....I'm sure you will get it sorted quickly :tu:

cnfabo - November 22nd, 2014 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by cnfabo
Quote:

Cheers

Yeah,it felt really good ,i told myself id take it easy for a bit then my first change into second that all went out the window,ha,foot to the floor....... it sucked in a rocker gasket and spat oil everywhere,threw a belt and my trailing arms moved on my spring plates so I packed up...I didn't notice my alt light come on so I have no idea when the belt came off either,engine was hot but my oil temp sender/gauge didn't work too....so I'm on a mission ATM fixing everything....

Clear KBS paint but damn rust has still popped up..

Bummer....I'm sure you will get it sorted quickly :tu:

I'm in the shed as we speak!!!!!!

HappyDaze - November 22nd, 2014 at 02:53 PM

Teething troubles are not much fun....but makes it all the better when you finally sort it out.

I had a fan belt break on my Sports Sedan, and 'cooked' the engine. Like you, I didn't notice the generator light. I fitted an air-flow switch that lit up a BIG RED LIGHT on the dash. It was just a light aluminium 'flap', with a micro switch, mounted in the air-stream to the fan. The light was just a red trailer stop/tail lamp....I had the oil pressure light in there as well. Didn't matter if it was oil pressure or no air flow...if the BIG RED LIGHT comes on, you STOP !

Hope it's a bit cooler in your shed than mine.:rolleyes:

Cheers, Greg

cnfabo - November 22nd, 2014 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HappyDaze
Teething troubles are not much fun....but makes it all the better when you finally sort it out.

I had a fan belt break on my Sports Sedan, and 'cooked' the engine. Like you, I didn't notice the generator light. I fitted an air-flow switch that lit up a BIG RED LIGHT on the dash. It was just a light aluminium 'flap', with a micro switch, mounted in the air-stream to the fan. The light was just a red trailer stop/tail lamp....I had the oil pressure light in there as well. Didn't matter if it was oil pressure or no air flow...if the BIG RED LIGHT comes on, you STOP !

I'm going to rewire the light to my extra big taco light "decided its not needed" and use this as my alt light instead as I shouldn't be able to miss it...

Hope it's a bit cooler in your shed than mine.:rolleyes: yep,only low 20's here,sorry:lol:

Cheers, Greg

Doug Sweetman - November 22nd, 2014 at 09:06 PM

Great idea Greg, I like it.

cnfabo - November 22nd, 2014 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Sweetman
Great idea Greg, I like it.

Bloody oath that's a good idea,can't have enough warning lights i say....

bugzla - November 23rd, 2014 at 06:22 PM

is the beam standard or is it narrowed

cnfabo - November 23rd, 2014 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bugzla
is the beam standard or is it narrowed

Std

OZ Towdster - November 23rd, 2014 at 07:13 PM

In regards to your rear spring plates moving around , are you using a fine threaded bolt as per original spec or a new coarse threaded bolt with mabey a nyloc nut ,
If your using a coarse threaded bolt , get rid of them and replace with a fine threaded bolt and nyloc nut assembly

bugzla - November 23rd, 2014 at 08:02 PM

sweet thanks

cnfabo - November 23rd, 2014 at 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OZ Towdster
In regards to your rear spring plates moving around , are you using a fine threaded bolt as per original spec or a new coarse threaded bolt with mabey a nyloc nut ,
If your using a coarse threaded bolt , get rid of them and replace with a fine threaded bolt and nyloc nut assembly

Yeah I'm using fine threaded bolts 12.9 tensile, but I was only using the bolts that go where the slots are not that other one on the arm that's threaded....anyways I've done my wheel alignment and drilled two holes and added two more bolts so hopefully no more moving...

Aussie Dubbin - January 3rd, 2015 at 01:57 PM

Fabo
I have seen your style of sway bars and think they are the best setup to make at home. Can you post or pm me some more pics of your setup. There was a build link a few years ago, but can't find it. If you are keen to share some bar thicknesses and plate sizesetc that would be great too!
How's the car going?

Cheers Aaron
aaron@xwheels.com.au

cnfabo - January 9th, 2015 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Dubbin
Fabo
I have seen your style of sway bars and think they are the best setup to make at home. Can you post or pm me some more pics of your setup. There was a build link a few years ago, but can't find it. If you are keen to share some bar thicknesses and plate sizesetc that would be great too!
How's the car going?

Cheers Aaron
aaron@xwheels.com.au

Hey Aaron,my front bar is a 19mm and rear 25mm both 2mm wall.I think my red car I ran a 22mm front bar but decided smaller on this one as its a bit lighter car....I welded some 2-3mm flat plate on to the ends and that is what the alloy blades bolt to...easy as....I'm on holidays in Africa ATM so no picked..

Have a goodie.
Fabo