Board Logo

warwick 2014
grogy - October 8th, 2014 at 05:32 PM

thanks for all the vids. has anyone posted the time sheets. thanks

dangerous - October 9th, 2014 at 09:53 AM

I hate quoting numbers from anyone else from memory, because I normally like to be accurate,
so people please let me know the correct # and I will edit.

...but Rod P ran a 5.65, his brother ran a 5.85 in the dragster,
My best was 6.962 in the final against Wayne from Vintage who had earlier run some 6.70's.
Westi went NA 6.70's too, and Pagey ran a 6.89 with some NOS added.
Troy Alder had a great debut with a nice 6.61 at 111mph.
I heard that Chris Bolton ran into the 6.1's before his crash.
Barry Cripps ran a 7.00, at close to 100mph.
Davo Buggy ran a sweet 6.50 and Baja Mick a solid 7.20.
Aarons 13B notch ran some mid 7's at over 107mph!
Adam Kirton in the Therapy car ran 7.13.
Ben Robinson won the Air Cooled bracket with consistent mid 7's and Stanley ran some 7.60s in the Frankenstein car.
Plenty of fast streeters this year, NA and turbo all in the 8's

dangerous - October 9th, 2014 at 09:54 AM

That is all I can remember for now, but there were close to 100 entries!!

Performance Upholstery - October 9th, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Man you did well DB lol! Yeah, I Ran 7.21 @ 98mph much to my surprise! on a bad run too! 1.73 60ft! that's what happens when you accidently wind 6.5psi of extra boost in instead of the intended 2 lol! Best vw event so far for me!
Its got a 7.0 in it @ 100mph I reckon! Cant wait till next year!

Stanley - October 9th, 2014 at 08:45 PM

As DB said there were close on 100 racers this year which was awesome in my books. Some may say that's too many but I had 10 runs over the 2 days and could of had more on Saturday above the 6 I did. I think it was the best so far for many reasons, but most importantly it was good to see a whole bunch of new cars and racers.....and spectators.

In saying that I'd like to pose a question. How would we feel about another class? Do the spectators and racers like to see a 7 second car racing a 10 second car. Two schools of thought here. Watching a 7 second car chase down a 10 second car during DYO might be nice on Sunday but is it the same as watching it on Saturday during qualifying?

What if we had a class to support the top 8/12 for 7/8 second cars? Maybe a class for those who run slicks or aren't street registered. Warwick seems to be growing in popularity each year. I can only imagine what the 10th anniversary might bring.

Thoughts?

silver - October 9th, 2014 at 09:12 PM

5.65 is pretty good for 1/4 mile...

grogy - October 9th, 2014 at 09:32 PM

wow, i missed a great outing with some fast cars. thanks for the times. sounds like a good time for all those involved.

Performance Upholstery - October 9th, 2014 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stanley
As DB said there were close on 100 racers this year which was awesome in my books. Some may say that's too many but I had 10 runs over the 2 days and could of had more on Saturday above the 6 I did. I think it was the best so far for many reasons, but most importantly it was good to see a whole bunch of new cars and racers.....and spectators.

In saying that I'd like to pose a question. How would we feel about another class? Do the spectators and racers like to see a 7 second car racing a 10 second car. Two schools of thought here. Watching a 7 second car chase down a 10 second car during DYO might be nice on Sunday but is it the same as watching it on Saturday during qualifying?

What if we had a class to support the top 8/12 for 7/8 second cars? Maybe a class for those who run slicks or aren't street registered. Warwick seems to be growing in popularity each year. I can only imagine what the 10th anniversary might bring.

Thoughts?

I get it Stanley... I sorta found myself on Sunday trying to chase down 11-12sec cars all day... While it was still fun I really wanted a good race with a car similar to mine like you or robbo... With the consistency of stockers and how they run it's hard to beat lol! Unless you're a good driver I guess, but I'm shit.

PS: ^^^ seems silver is still trying to run all the Vw drag racers off the forum... Like Henry wasn't enough.

whathaveidone - October 9th, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by silver

Once again silver you have shown what a dickhead you are and why this forum is dying!!! Well done

Performance Upholstery - October 10th, 2014 at 02:08 PM

^^^^ninja.... Lol!

Another thing I thought was good about this year was calling the classes to the staging lanes as they wanted them... Saves people sitting in the heat for ages waiting for their class to run. Especially the buggy guys....

vw54 - October 10th, 2014 at 07:11 PM

Yep that was good we had a radio in our area so we tuned in to hear the announcement's

Performance Upholstery - October 11th, 2014 at 03:25 PM

From where we were pitted we could watch the racing between our rounds which was awesome! I've found over the years, from being a spectator to being a competitor I do miss watching the racing... But with this system I got the best of both worlds.

1303Steve - October 11th, 2014 at 06:50 PM

Hi

Warwick is so much better from being able to see what's going on than Sydney.

Steve

h - October 11th, 2014 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by silver

erm

LIFE IN THE LOW LANE - October 14th, 2014 at 06:23 PM

Me being one of the slower cars found every time I came round to run I got paired up against cars running 7.8-9.5. Dialling in at 12.30 gave me a hell of a head start and being quite consistent on the light I didn't get beat affording me the luxury of backing off to avoid breaking out and causing the quicker cars against me to bog the start or red light.

A couple of years back we did have the air cooled bracket split into 2 groups relative to dial ins. I think that would be better to watch and closer racing with cars against each other of similar times. I wasn't out there to win just to be another car from the Alder outlaws having a bit of fun. I got 4 from 4 wins and missed out on the final by a nats turd.

Next year a new engine with some comp and a new box will make a big difference!!

coletrickle - October 14th, 2014 at 08:10 PM

First time back on thd track for me for close on 2 years,I ended up with a little mystery 1600 (stock i'm guessing)48ida's2332 jetting,never even got a timing lite on it best run was 10.20@66mph,so i was pretty happy.

Sunday's racing was some of my best dial in wise.My reaction times were far from my usual,dial in was 10.65 ran 10.672,10.659 and a 10.80 backing right off.I was felling pretty good going in to the 4th round,but the track officals had other ideas on how to pair up cars at the beginning of the staging lane then stuff up the pairings when the cars get to the head of the line.

I'm only now getting over it,i was so angry i wanted to go race speedway(thats effn angry)I would have thought at 180 bucks it may have been run a little more professonally.

A few other thing p'd me off like being told hey it's just fun nothing serious?So if thats the case why are there trophies, why are therd classes and why is there a point score for the sydney and warick events to get an overall champ?This was the first race back since the passing of my best mate Mike and i was in the back of my head tring to do his memory proud by doing the best i could but"ylu can't fix stupid"and it wasn't to be.

But i shouldn't be surprised,apparently the car used for the engine pull had 16mm nuts on the bottom studs!so that being the case its no surprise the have no idea how to run a drag racing event.

Although ben cheered me up after he won by saying he didn't want to race me.