Board Logo

Full Throttle friday test n tune 19/12 sydney dragway
RodPenrose - November 21st, 2014 at 07:16 AM

Hi guy's , just a quick up-date to let you all know that Dave Stoker , Ben Robinson , and Ryan Heymans will join me with their cars this evening @ Sydney Dragway .

This is a test and tune for all drag racing cars and with the hot weather today and the cooler night expected the times down the 1/4 mile should be quick .

Dave has fitted a fat sized seat to his car to keep his driver more comfortable and with a newly freshened transmission should be ready to go quick .
Ben is trying out some new larger carbs and a with little more timing planned to go into the engine he is also looking for a personal best ET .

Ryan is still on a high from his quickest time ever @ Warwick with a new close ratio transmission and is expected to go even faster that last time out .

Me personally , if everything comes together as planed , I am expecting some 7 second passes out of the new beetle .

The gates open @ 4.30 pm and on the track from 6-10pm and at a cost of $ 20 to get in , I would like to see a few people try to come along and enjoy a nice cool evening , ROD .

modnrod - November 21st, 2014 at 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RodPenrose....... if everything comes together as planed , I am expecting some 7 second passes out of the new beetle . ......

:tu:

Vids please! Onboard shots to amuse my kids in the morning while I'm trying to finish my first coffee? :lol:

stoker - November 21st, 2014 at 12:49 PM

just found out that the tnt for tonight has been cancelled due to lack of entries (32 only), plus it is bloody hot. i think it has been moved to friday 5/12 but will check

humpty - November 22nd, 2014 at 02:38 AM

Hope it all went well tonight.

RodPenrose - December 19th, 2014 at 01:19 PM

I am loaded up and ready to leave for the delayed meeting . The first Friday meeting was postponed due to the heat , the second meeting was postponed due to the rain , so I hope all goes well for some fast running tonight . The weather looks almost perfect and I will try to up-date the runs as the evening evolves . If you can make it out , please pop past to talk , Rod .

colin - December 19th, 2014 at 07:18 PM

Have fun guys

Cheers Col

DDWR450F - December 19th, 2014 at 08:34 PM

Hopefully the night went well for you all Rod!!

What times were posted?

Dan

hellbugged - December 21st, 2014 at 06:22 PM

http://youtu.be/L-C87mEthM0 

ian.mezz - December 21st, 2014 at 07:22 PM

yes Rods passes looked good.
I think Ben had a gear box prob.
Vintage had alternator probs
We did 2 passes checking air /fuel ratio then gauge blacked out
was working again when we got home :grind:

dangerous - December 22nd, 2014 at 07:41 AM

Car looks awesome Rose and Ian!

HappyDaze - December 22nd, 2014 at 08:25 AM

Re AFR gauge [mine is Innovate]....you may need one of these :- http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16148&cat=...

A bit pricey, but could save on oxy sensors.

rose - January 4th, 2015 at 07:20 PM

Thanks heaps it is a nice pic

Quote:
Originally posted by dangerous
Car looks awesome Rose and Ian!