Board Logo

Headliner wool cloth supplier
psimitar - April 13th, 2013 at 03:03 PM

So apart from the usual culprits to buy a late 50s headliner from, like Wolfsburg West, does anyone know if wool cloth material is available locally in Australia?

I.e. Not as part of a pre-made kit but the actual material as a roll of fabric?

Cheers :)

Nickster - April 13th, 2013 at 03:57 PM

I'm hoping to get a wool headliner installed in my bug (Wool union). Nic Bence at Outrage Trimming, Narangba is gonna do it. I'd give him a call and see if he can point you in the direction of an Aussie Supplier... 0408 379 444

vw54 - April 13th, 2013 at 05:29 PM

buy the Wolf West item its nice

psimitar - April 13th, 2013 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vw54
buy the Wolf West item its nice

Tempting but I'd like a sample first to see if it will fit with my interior colour scheme. Plus I'd want a piccy to make sure it's the same style as the Oz version :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nickster
I'm hoping to get a wool headliner installed in my bug (Wool union). Nic Bence at Outrage Trimming, Narangba is gonna do it. I'd give him a call and see if he can point you in the direction of an Aussie Supplier... 0408 379 444

I'll give him a go. Ta :) Be grand if you can get the material here :D

65busser - April 14th, 2013 at 08:17 PM

The WW Napp Cloth liner is a good one but doesn't come with vinyl for B posts and below rear window. The B pillar piece and below rear window pieces should be sewn together but no kits provide that. Mohair headlining material like the original is hard to find these days and it would be silly money but the Napp WW use is nice material to use and would probably outlast mohair. Dunno, but it's tuff and looks like mohair.
We import that same Napp cloth if anyone wants a sample.
Cheers
Brad

psimitar - April 14th, 2013 at 08:43 PM

Napp cloth? Not heard of that textile before. What's it made from?

Might have to request a sample from you. How wide is it and what price per metre?

65busser - April 14th, 2013 at 09:44 PM

Not so much a material as the treatment of the material. Google it.

Cotton. It's a heavy cotton cloth with a 'furry' side.. Just like the mohair headliners.

Velvet is a napp cloth.

It's concourse winning stuff if that's what you're after.

psimitar - April 15th, 2013 at 11:34 PM

so a similar texture to suede then? Wondering as seen an interesting polyester suede in Spotlight that might work :)

65busser - April 16th, 2013 at 10:06 AM

MMmmmm nice.

psimitar - April 17th, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 65busser
MMmmmm nice.

:)